nightflight

DPF Info - All CR-TDI Owners Should Read This

gaffer1986

Look forward to the petrol you will and one day you will again enjoy all the joy the petrolness of a car can bring you. Spend money on the green pump proudly and listen to the sound of petroleum music :)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jnpeden1

Aug 28, 2014
Gillingham/Ireland
Great Post

Thanks for posting this info up. First time I came across actual figures and what to do at certain levels. I have just brought my car (08 FR170) over from Ireland to Kent and when the dash light came on today after work it freaked me out. I have been doing alot of short runs to work and back in the last week and a half so i determined from reading your info that that could be the issue. took it for a blast up the motorway and after 10 mins the light turned off..

Bottom of the pocket survives this one..:D

But just to add to a previous post, wouldn it be handy if there was a level on the dash to tell you when the levels are getting high: 1st:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
But just to add to a previous post, wouldn it be handy if there was a level on the dash to tell you when the levels are getting high: 1st:

If someone created an OBD gauge telling you soot load levels and when the car was doing a regen I expect it would sell very well.

craigr73

Apr 11, 2014
Beverley
On another note does anyone have issues with rattles. Mine seems to have developed rattles in the front doors & one behind the speedo.

I do like my car but in the last couple of weeks it is turning out to be a pain in the arse. Not even a yr old ................

seatalan

regeneration

hi. im thinking about buying a 2012 leon 1.6 dti with 36k.

is there a way to tell when the car trys to do a normal auto regenerate in level 1 and level 2?so i can help it finish?

thanks

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Just read this thread, very useful info. I've been running a CR 140 Golf for the past couple of months and I've been conscious of the DPF. A few weeks ago I noticed the engine fans stayed on after parking up the car, and today I noticed a burning smell combined with more exhaust smoke than usual. I presume these 'incidents' are related to re-generation? No warning lights though.

Also I've got VCDS, any details on how to access the filter soot percentage data? Thanks

jaydexstar

CAR TRADER
Dec 8, 2014
just had the dpf removed and a remap done today on mrs 1.6tdi cr ibiza, so ill keep you posted as to how it drives on the way home

jnpeden1

Aug 28, 2014
Gillingham/Ireland
Dpf removed

I had my Dpf removed with the remap about three months ago now on my FR170. Since then the car has developed the Stuttering on acceleration. I have changed the Gasket on the EGR valve to the smaller one developed for the skoda's as it has helped this on other memebers cars.

But the problem has not entirely gone away and im thinking maybe the mapping isn't 100%.. Any ideas folks?

:confused:

ScottS

Jan 3, 2015
Does anybody know if the dpf can be changed under warrenty and how easy it would be to convince them to do it

craigr73

Apr 11, 2014
Beverley
Seat Hessle told me that it is not covered under warranty. Even to clear it is 60 quid + vat. They said it is down to driving style !!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Seat Hessle told me that it is not covered under warranty. Even to clear it is 60 quid + vat. They said it is down to driving style !!

Yep - been told the same.

The only time you can claim warranty on a dpf is for a manufacturing defect in the housing or a sensor failure within the warranty period.

Everything else will be blamed on your driving style.

jnpeden1

Aug 28, 2014
Gillingham/Ireland
Had my DPF removed on my FR a good few months ago. Had it in today for the MOT where the man informed me that it is now an MOT requirement to visually sight the DPF or else it is an automatic fail. Past the MOT but cost me £60 pound on top to SIGHT IT.

Have I just been rode???

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Had my DPF removed on my FR a good few months ago. Had it in today for the MOT where the man informed me that it is now an MOT requirement to visually sight the DPF or else it is an automatic fail. Past the MOT but cost me £60 pound on top to SIGHT IT.

Have I just been rode???

How have you had the dpf removed ?

1. DPF box gutted and welded back shut so it looks like it is fitted ?

2. DPF delete pipe

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise