DPF Removal

May6470

Dec 10, 2014
Hi Guys,

Bar the legal implications and the damage to the environment , has anyone removed their DPF at end of life and seen it as a positive?

Avon tuning will do a DPF removal, EGR removal and stage 1 remap, with a rolling toad for £600.

To me that seems a lot cheaper than replacing the DPF.

What are people’s views?

Thanks

Last edited:

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
check and double check that it's going to make it through an MOT after the DPF removal. Won't be good If an eagle eyed MOT tester clocks it and fails it.

I know a few folk that have done it due to failing or faulty DPF problems. Removing it and mapping it out was cheaper.

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
check and double check that it's going to make it through an MOT after the DPF removal. Won't be good If an eagle eyed MOT tester clocks it and fails it.

I know a few folk that have done it due to failing or faulty DPF problems. Removing it and mapping it out was cheaper.
Removing it and mapping it out, instead of removing it and going stage 1?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You could also look at having the DPF chemically cleaned. Quite a few companies are offering this service now - including quite a few reputable garages (R-tech). I'm not sure how much / how well that extends it's life... but when I looked for my Diesel MK2 it was around £250 for a clean and £3k for a new DPF.

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Yeah removing dpf is instant mot fail.... It will then be logged on dvla website as failed for this reason

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

May6470

Dec 10, 2014
Yeah removing dpf is instant mot fail.... It will then be logged on dvla website as failed for this reason

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I understand that, but if there isn’t anything visually wrong then they won’t know it’s removed and can’t fail it?

May6470

Dec 10, 2014
You could also look at having the DPF chemically cleaned. Quite a few companies are offering this service now - including quite a few reputable garages (R-tech). I'm not sure how much / how well that extends it's life... but when I looked for my Diesel MK2 it was around £250 for a clean and £3k for a new DPF.

Thank you, I have started to look into that. I had a carbon clean today and bar the oil ash level being slightly high it’s not in bad shape.

It was more if anyone has seen improvements with it off.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
Removing it and mapping it out, instead of removing it and going stage 1?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

sorry I don't know the detail

the primary reason for the remap was to remove the DPF stuff.

In each case they werent after bhp gains it was to fix recurring DPF issues that nobody could resolve or wanted to continue throwing parts at it in an attempt to fix.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.