Dreaded airbag light

joolsey1968

Apr 23, 2015
Hi guys I know this has been done before so please bear with me.
So I have a 20vt which had the usual water ingress problems and airbag light stuck on. Doors have been sorted car is leak free and "EVENTUALLY" dried out. Today my mechanic and I tried to fix the airbag light issue. After reading previous threads I purchased sensor 1C0 909 605 A and swapped it over. My mechanic said this is the one not under the seat but more towards centre between both footwells around the heater area.
It didn't resolve the issue but apparently opened up some new codes. Which I will try to attach. We also pulled the passenger seat out and checked the one under the carpet. This one looked brand new condition. Any help advice greatly appreciated guys thanks🙏

Attachments

• IMG-20211101-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20211101-WA0002.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG-20211101-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20211101-WA0002.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 88

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
If you haven't aleady done so then I'd make sure you clean up the wiring plugs with some IPA or another suitable cleaner. It could be that the connections on the plugs have become corroded, and that would result in high resistance or things not being connected at all. Once you have done that, then delete all the codes and try again.

That looks like a good scanner from the screenshots, maybe see if there is any 'live data' which could be helpful. Sometimes it will show the resistance as a figure, and then you can see if the values change while you wiggle the wiring and things like that.

Reactions: Rifles

joolsey1968

Apr 23, 2015
If you haven't aleady done so then I'd make sure you clean up the wiring plugs with some IPA or another suitable cleaner. It could be that the connections on the plugs have become corroded, and that would result in high resistance or things not being connected at all. Once you have done that, then delete all the codes and try again.

That looks like a good scanner from the screenshots, maybe see if there is any 'live data' which could be helpful. Sometimes it will show the resistance as a figure, and then you can see if the values change while you wiggle the wiring and things like that.
Ok buddy thanks for the reply👍

Reactions: mty12345

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
The relay under the seat that looked brand new.
Was it still wet/damp?
Thats the one i replaced and the light went out.

Nov 13, 2021
Hi guys I know this has been done before so please bear with me.
So I have a 20vt which had the usual water ingress problems and airbag light stuck on. Doors have been sorted car is leak free and "EVENTUALLY" dried out. Today my mechanic and I tried to fix the airbag light issue. After reading previous threads I purchased sensor 1C0 909 605 A and swapped it over. My mechanic said this is the one not under the seat but more towards centre between both footwells around the heater area.
It didn't resolve the issue but apparently opened up some new codes. Which I will try to attach. We also pulled the passenger seat out and checked the one under the carpet. This one looked brand new condition. Any help advice greatly appreciated guys thanks🙏
Hey!

I am in Portugal and have a Toledo 1.9 from the same year as your leon. I am having water in the passenger front side (under the feet) and also the problem with the airbag...I am nearly dumping the car but I love the motor.

Can you tell me how you fixed it? I have to fix this..I cant drive around without an airbag but I just noticed the water so I suppose its that..

Thank you!

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hey!

I am in Portugal and have a Toledo 1.9 from the same year as your leon. I am having water in the passenger front side (under the feet) and also the problem with the airbag...I am nearly dumping the car but I love the motor.

Can you tell me how you fixed it? I have to fix this..I cant drive around without an airbag but I just noticed the water so I suppose its that..

Thank you!
Repair the door seals http://dubsteve68.blogspot.com/2011/05/seat-leon-leaking-door-seals-repair.html

Then clean and dry the sensor, if it still doesn't work then you need to replace it

Nov 13, 2021
Thank you!

Any downside in using good silicone instead of the butylic tape in your opinion? I have loads hanging around here and it should me a good isolant as well.

Reactions: mty12345
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members