Driver's footwell constantly wet

wolfeman1

I had the same problem with mine, leaking through bulk head. you might want to look at getting the under felt replaced or getting it completely dried out,when you got the leak sorted
so you don't get dampy rotting smell then,that's what i had done with mine, it's as dry as a bone now, and no more condensation on the windows. :D

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Cool, I will have a look tomorrow. The scuttle being the black panel where the wipers are...??

Yeah take off the wipers then remove the scuttle and clean all the leaves and crud out :)

If you have any mastic a helping around the electric cable one wouldn't go a miss :)

Last edited:

Chl0ed1

I've just been quoted... wait for it.... £500 by my local dealership (Colliers Acocks Green) for the replacement of the four door seals. I have tried to speak to Seat to see if there is any help they can offer but apparently none of us really have wet cars... it's just our opion, not a real problem!! Why do they call them Customer Services?

Chl0ed1

I've already quoted the forum and the many other sites that refer to this problem... but they are not interested. They only class it as an issue if it is referred through their dealerships.... I pointed out that their dealerships are so expensive that few people would be using them, but it was like talking to a brick wall![:@]

Thanks re: the advice. I've already downloaded the guide... and now am off in search of someone to help me with it!

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
I'm suffering with dodgy ancillary panel seal - as a temporay measure I have taped plastic along the Bottom of the door card so that water is directed back out over the sill and not into the footwell - works tilli get round to fixing

bristolsparks

Jun 24, 2009
snap chl0ed1,

i got a price of £60 a door plus £70 a door fitting today, what jokers

well looks like ill buy the part for £30 or whatever and give it ago myself cause im getting quite pissed off driving to work in a swimming pool.

Its just my drivers side footwell so i take its not the pollen filter but the door seal?

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
well after reading these threads for the last few years and feeling quite smug thinking "mines never leaked" I got in the car sunday night and squelch......bugger!

Looks like I'll be stripping the drivers door down at weekend :(

I've had every common fault happen to mine now.

coilpacks
rear washer hose leak
clutch master cylinder (twice)
clutch slave cylinder
and now leaky door seal

just need the MAF to fail for a full house [:@]

leon james

Meguiars is my freind
Mar 19, 2008
southampton
im having problems with the rain comming in ive had the door seals done and it steel leaks so i have taken to the action of sealing round my spearker holders as i have fitted new speakers. I hope this works i have had this problem for ages every time it rains im all ways wellcomed to water sitting in between the doors and the inside seal eney help.

Sorry for high jacking this post

leon james

Meguiars is my freind
Mar 19, 2008
southampton
well after reading these threads for the last few years and feeling quite smug thinking "mines never leaked" I got in the car sunday night and squelch......bugger!

Looks like I'll be stripping the drivers door down at weekend :(

I've had every common fault happen to mine now.

coilpacks
rear washer hose leak
clutch master cylinder (twice)
clutch slave cylinder
and now leaky door seal

just need the MAF to fail for a full house [:@]

im in the same boat ive had my car 21 months and i must of spent £1800 on repairs like coile packs door seal lol o well

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
im having problems with the rain comming in ive had the door seals done and it steel leaks so i have taken to the action of sealing round my spearker holders as i have fitted new speakers. I hope this works i have had this problem for ages every time it rains im all ways wellcomed to water sitting in between the doors and the inside seal eney help.

Sorry for high jacking this post

Yeah they need re-sealing if you fit new speakers.

leon james

Meguiars is my freind
Mar 19, 2008
southampton
the other day i had a day off so i striped all the door cards off out came the nearest coulore sealer to hand brown as it so happend and now its like some one as killed a tube of sealent behind my door cards lol i just hope this works

leon james

Meguiars is my freind
Mar 19, 2008
southampton
after the last time this happend i took all the seats out carpit out sound proof wodding out and then seat back in one slit problem was i ternd the car on with the seats out and this ternd on my air bag light as it coud not find the seats o well this is plan D

smithsc

Nov 2, 2009
Huddersfield
Just checked my car and i have a wet patch in the middle of the drivers footwell and its ever so slightly damp in the rear drivers footwell could this be seals or something else its not damp at the front where the seal in just bang in the middle