Driver's footwell constantly wet

smithsc

Nov 2, 2009
Huddersfield
right think i understand now whats the best sealent to use as i need to get it sorted sick of snorkling while driving its not good for your chest

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
People have used a variety of sealants, tbh i really can't see what difference they will make.
As long as it "sets" you'll be fine.

Any bathroom sealant if any :)

leon james

Meguiars is my freind
Mar 19, 2008
southampton
ive just about had a nuff of my leon i could quite happly take it to the scrapper i found out that the work i payed £70 for is rubbish so have taken it into my own hands with roof and drain pie sealer and it so cold atm that it is not setting off and the water just comes strate in next step is to look into some windscreen sealer

NI3K

Nov 19, 2009
got anywhere you could move it to for a while to let it set? get a hairdrier on it to keep the water away for a while? cleaned out the holes at the bottom of the door seal to make sure the waters free to escape out the bottom?

NI3K

Nov 19, 2009
have you tried an extra layer of sealant on the outside of the ancillary panels where its still coming through?

leon james

Meguiars is my freind
Mar 19, 2008
southampton
yea what i did was took the panel off as much as i could dryed and cleaned it put sealer on in a thick layer pushed hard bolted it all back together then sealed it round the panel but it still came in

NI3K

Nov 19, 2009
maybe with it taking so long to set the water had already cut a gap to travel through? id suggest even more sealant, feel along the original sealant for damp parts or trails of moisture etc to see where its coming through, bang a **** load extra on there and hairdrier to get the temperature up a bit to set quicker?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members