Driver's footwell constantly wet

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Well looks like the frost got at my silicone, looks like someone dropped a water ballon into my car and across the door step!

*sigh* maybe what i used wasnt external!?

Jimski

Lee M

Hi mate,

I had the same problem but it wasn't the door seal.

If it is on the drivers side footwell then it could be a leak coming from behind the upper dash.

You will have to look under the dash by taking the lower cover off below the steering wheel. Have a look to the right above the bonnet leaver, and see if the steel bar has a bit of 'water rust' on.

Cheers

Lee

smithsc

Nov 2, 2009
Huddersfield
I sealed all my doors last weekend following the guide, i.e taking the door cover off then putting sealent round the inner cover and its made no difference at all infact when i opened the door on Monday morning there was a waterfall from my drivers door as if its stuck between the door sill and the door:cry:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
When you took the door card off, did you remove the metal carrier and leave it on the two top bolts, and then clean the channel the old seal ran in?

NI3K

Nov 19, 2009
smithsc, were did you take the door cards back off to see if there was any evidence of where on the seal it still coming through? i first attacked the sealant, trying to jsut replace the perished original seals but it was still coming through after taking the hose to the windows. i slapped an extra load of sealant on the outside of the ancillary panel right around it, putting even more at points where i could see that water had appeared through or was still feeling moist because of water behind the sealant

smithsc

Nov 2, 2009
Huddersfield
I haven't taken the door cards back off yet its been too wet the water was between the bottom of the door and the sill when i opened the door there must have been nearly a pint of water stored.

Am i best taking the door cards back off loosening the bolts apart from the top 2 on the ancillary and the seal again and then tighten back on and seal again

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Nah mine aint the bulkhead, i "cheekily" just sealed nicely around the bottom of the ancillary panel hehe.

But obviously water has built up behind and frozen and forced apart the silicone. Ordered some of the cord today from SEAT.

Will re-attack the problem on friday, so LEE im right in thinkin that you just took all of the bolts out of the ancillary and left it dangling by the top two? to save undoing the window reg etc?

Jimski

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.