driveshaft failure? cordoba sx 1.6

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
you need to find some one breaking a car and see if they will seperate the output flanges from the box, alot of people wont want to do this a a box is worth abit more complete. might be worth trying vw/seat dealer or maybe GSF do them?

cant believe scrapyards wont have a mid 90's Vag car with the part you require.

yeah thats all i need aswell. haha i rang seat earlier to see how much the part would be and they didnt even know what i was on about and thought i needed a driveshaft lol :shrug:. ive found a vw site that sells them from germany but its for the mk3 golf and it says its a 100mm ...i dont know what size mine would be. but other than that i need to replace the shaft, just the bolts and the ouput flange. whats GSF?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
100mm is the 16v one from memory?? yours i think should be 90mm but run a measure over to be sure

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
ive just been on that GSF would it be also called a differential seal flange? ive googled it there and it looks the same.....

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
called it a driveshaft flange myself to be honest the seal is what fits round it

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
called it a driveshaft flange myself to be honest the seal is what fits round it

ive just emailed about 8 people on ebay who are breaking SEAT's cordoba's and ibizas of similar age to mine..when ive went into shops or rang people they say its part of the gearbox...ive tried everything in google...you think a place would just sell the flange on its own lol

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
majority of places would keep it in the gearbox - stops it leaking for starters so watch yaself

i think i got a box here still but it's 100mm 16v sorry :(

it comes out reasonably easy (allen bolt in centre) so why not remove it an dsee if local engineers/machine shop can get the stud out at all ?

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
yeah ive got a feeling thats its gonna be a right faff on getting a replacement for this like, no way im buying another gearbox considering this ones only 3 month old lol suppose i could just checking ebay for until i get lucky

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
hunt the scrappies - local gearbox builders - ebay - forums

you'll get one turn up

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
hunt the scrappies - local gearbox builders - ebay - forums

you'll get one turn up

all the scrappies in my town are bollocks lol theres a one in whitby i went to when i got my silver bonnet off them . was a 1.6 corby liike mine but it mite of been the 75bhp one model with it being a 4 door saloon. i rang them earlier like they said they still got the corby in, but dont know if that with one would fit tho? with it being a different engine code n that...im not a mechanic so i guess someone will sort me out here lol i imagine it would fit like.

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
probably the same kind of gearbox though mate, anything other than the larger stuff ie 16v models will have what you need. polo's, golfs, cordobas, ibizas, toledos.

i think it might be easier to remove yours, 1 allen key in the centre maybe 6mm? then it pops out but you will loose abit of fluid.
then take it from there.

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
i've got the 020 box off my 16v in the garden, get me a pic of what you need and i'll see if it's there

the diff went in mine, so everything else is good :D

mines only an 8v model mate, im not sure if it will fit like> 1.6 8v 101bp stock? ive been emailing breakers on ebay and one who was breaking a mk3 golf 1.6 8v said he might have one for me? will it be suitable?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
cool you saw it, cheers chris

right style box so measure up for 90mm flanges on both to check

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
ok will measure the flanges tomorrow after work

all the ibizas / cordies apart from the ABF came with 020 boxes, with the 8v's having a smaller clutch spline shaft than the 16vs, that's it i think, and 8v's had a longer 5th for some reason

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
*cough* ahem* oh ye of little faith :p

haha about time i got a bit of luck today, cheers for the advice man :cheers: il have to wait until tomorow when this guy gets back to me in the morning before i have a masssssive grin on my faceeeee :seatgod:

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
*cough* ahem* oh ye of little faith :p

the guy from ebay from emailed me from this morning, he just confirmed that he has a 90mm flange with all the bolts for it, and ive just bought it :D should be back on the road in no timeeeeeeee :)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
make sure 'NO MATTER WHAT' that you use the double washers, the plates that go under 2 of each bolt that is

or you will be doing it all again next week

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise