Drkas LCR- Air and Interior by Plush

drka-drka

New Schooler
it would cost me about 100 quid in juice up to scotland

Yeah its a fair hike, roads round my way are awsome tho!!!

Nice thread,well done mate,your car looks mint!

Cheers mate, hoping to make some more progress in the next three weeks leading up to me getting it on the road:):)

Question!!! Looking to start buying some more performance mods, instead of all cosmetic.

002-46.jpg

Im a bit of a engine bay tart, i like it to look mint. Im not a fan of the K&N at all, so planning on replacing it. I really like the look of the jabbasport one with the heatshield. Anyone got any opinions??

Also looking at a strut brace, S3 one i think most folk have??? Silicone hoses too, where what, there is non on the car atm which ones would people say are a must? Seen TIP mentioned alot, can someone explain.

Also any other mods people recomend?

drka-drka

New Schooler
Thanks, hope its gonna be alot nicer once im done

Can anyone post up a bunch of pics of diffrent kinds of hoses, so iv got a better idea where they fit and so on. I see loads on internet but cant picture where they fit in really.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nice car - think I've seen you around Kintore/Inverurie area, would that be about right? Hopefully we'll see you at a meet round here, I've been the only mk1 LCR at the last two! Having said that, I'll need to get my car seriously cleaned up or yours will put mine to shame :)

I've only done the TIP so far and my bay is a bit of a state but there's a thread active in the mk1 LCR forum just now with various folks showing off their engine bays, some of these photos should give you a better idea of what goes where.

EDIT - by the way, I was thinking about sticking an extra R badge on the front grille - does yours seem to be stuck pretty securely?

EDIT 2 - Here's that engine bays thread - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273811

Last edited:

drka-drka

New Schooler
Thats perfect thanks alot mate ( Cyber hi five)

Nope not me mate, i picked the car up from perth drove it straight to my house and thats where its staying till my bday. it used to be in aberdeen tho, over in cove i think. I test drove it with the 1st owner in aberdeen.

The badge on the front is solid mate, i thought it might come off and be fragile but its on well. I intend to be at most of the meets so you will have a LCR bud, woop

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Ah well, thought I'd gotten a successful "spot" there! Saw what I thought might have been your car (similar number plate) when I was coming back to Aberdeen from Polished Bliss recently.

That's good about the badge, going to replace my R badges at some point as they're all looking a bit tatty now. Hadn't seen one of the R badges on the front grille yet, thought I was being original :)

Willie (think he's already posted earlier in this thread) is also a mk1 LCR guy, met him once at a meet a couple of months back but haven't seen his car yet, it was still undergoing major surgery that time. Gonna have to get a RR thread of my own sorted out one of these days, will hopefully get time to do a good wash, tardis, clay and polish session next weekend (too hungover today lol!) and get some decent photos.

Some nice mods you got there too mate, although some folks report problems with the Forge Split R valve, sometimes the ECU thinks there's a boost leak and runs the engine in limp-home mode. I played safe and went for the 007p but the Split R doesn't cause you problems then nothing to worry about.

drka-drka

New Schooler
I think Kat lives up that way could have been her, she has a Red LC.

Hehe i have one,lol i think its stuck on will have to check. Def need a lil meet in aberdeen me thinks.

Iv not had any problems at all with my DV, can anyone explain why they dont like them really??? Seems okay to me TBH

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I think Kat lives up that way could have been her, she has a Red LC.

Hehe i have one,lol i think its stuck on will have to check. Def need a lil meet in aberdeen me thinks.

Iv not had any problems at all with my DV, can anyone explain why they dont like them really??? Seems okay to me TBH

Was defo a LCR I saw that time. I've seen Kat's RR thread and on the Polished Bliss site, never seen it in person as such tho.

The standard DV and the Forge 007p are recirculating dump valves (or diverter valves). They work by releasing pressure back into the TIP rather than out to the atmosphere (hence very little noise). The Split R is part recirculating, part atmospheric, so some of the air gets dumped out to the atmosphere, hence there's a bit more of the classic dump valve sound. The problem is that the ECU in these engines doesn't expect to see boost air dumped to atmosphere so sometimes it will think there's a boost leak and run the engine in limp home mode.

I gather there's an adjuster on the Split R which lets you set how much air is dumped out to the atmosphere, most people on here seem to suggest setting it to dump all the air back into the TIP, you'd need to have a look on the Forge website or search the mk1 LCR forum to find out how to do that tho. Even with the valve in fully recirc mode some folks have still reported problems but if your car is happy with the valve then there's nothing to worry about :)

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Mine desperately needs machine polishing and i think i will end up buying DA and teaching myself....the finished results on yours look absolutely amazing. Well done!

:thumbup:

drka-drka

New Schooler
what colour hoses you going to go then mate

I think im gonna go for black hoses mate, kinda keep the bay simple well apart from a couple of little bits which i have my own plans for.

Was defo a LCR I saw that time. I've seen Kat's RR thread and on the Polished Bliss site, never seen it in person as such tho.

The standard DV and the Forge 007p are recirculating dump valves (or diverter valves). They work by releasing pressure back into the TIP rather than out to the atmosphere (hence very little noise). The Split R is part recirculating, part atmospheric, so some of the air gets dumped out to the atmosphere, hence there's a bit more of the classic dump valve sound. The problem is that the ECU in these engines doesn't expect to see boost air dumped to atmosphere so sometimes it will think there's a boost leak and run the engine in limp home mode.

I gather there's an adjuster on the Split R which lets you set how much air is dumped out to the atmosphere, most people on here seem to suggest setting it to dump all the air back into the TIP, you'd need to have a look on the Forge website or search the mk1 LCR forum to find out how to do that tho. Even with the valve in fully recirc mode some folks have still reported problems but if your car is happy with the valve then there's nothing to worry about :)

I havent had any problems yet, but im think soon as i do will probly get rid. I had seen the video on youtube about swapping the parts of the split R so you can do that.

Mine desperately needs machine polishing and i think i will end up buying DA and teaching myself....the finished results on yours look absolutely amazing. Well done!

:thumbup:

Cheers mate, iv only started with my cleaning so should be getting cleaner soon. Im gonna be ungrading my DA soon for a rotary as i think i have got better. The G220 that i use is awsome for learning really safe.

I just found my old short ariel off my 207 so that will going on the LCR at some point

KatCowie

OEM Lover
Jun 23, 2007
Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
Good to see you've done a full detail!! Rich and the team at PB would be proud lol.
I was at PB on friday and picked up my new DAS-6 Polisher, so got a couple scrap panels to get a feel for it before I start on mine.
Iv got the Werkstat Carnauba Jett and the Prime Acrylic, works so well on the red!
Car looks amazing, keep up the good work! :)

drka-drka

New Schooler
Good to see you've done a full detail!! Rich and the team at PB would be proud lol.
I was at PB on friday and picked up my new DAS-6 Polisher, so got a couple scrap panels to get a feel for it before I start on mine.
Iv got the Werkstat Carnauba Jett and the Prime Acrylic, works so well on the red!
Car looks amazing, keep up the good work! :)

Yeah they gave me some good comments on DW:D:D Have fun with the DAS and have fun swirl busting, might have competition for the cleanest red leon in the area at this rate.

The werkstat kit is awsome stuff.

KatCowie

OEM Lover
Jun 23, 2007
Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
Good to hear it.

I highly doubt it!! Iv still got so much to do to mine, little things that nobody else sees but me.

Yeah, really good stuff. Its a wee bit daunting starting with a machine polisher, scared I f**k it up!! Never used one before, hence using scrap panels! lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.