drop links

mark.w

Hi everyone, i'm just after a bit of info on stabalizer links (drop links) at the front of my 1.2 ibiza. Are they easy to fit? Do i need any special tools?

Cheers in advance

FR3000

Feb 14, 2008
North East
Theoretically yes - but if you've got an FR with a set that's done 50k and the torx fittings have corroded as have the part of the thread that's not covered by the nut - you may find yourself lying under the car on a wet drive way after the fittings have split with a power drill and a hacksaw indulging in a large amount of swearing :)

Last edited:

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
It should be easy but as said it is likely the central stud turns and then you need a torx in the middle to stop it.. but the torx is not strong enough. I ended up taking an angle grinder to the nut but that means you need a new nut. It is a standard metric thread so you may have one lying around like me (M14??) with a washer but you should still get a new offical nut as it has a sprung collar and nylock centre so is a bit special.. not sure I ever did replace mine although I did buy a new nut. The Audi dealer ended up selling me the nut for about £2.

This was on a 2005 50k miles car..

FR3000

Feb 14, 2008
North East
Yeah that's likely to be the best bet - I got my drop links from GSF car parts which cost me about £35 for the pair and were supplied with new nuts (complete with dry thread-lock compound already on them).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise