Drove my FR first time in 3 weeks and..

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I had forgotten just how good it is, yes the ride is firm and perhaps its not the best looking dash but on the M25 at 8.30 this morning superb, quick, comfy, great Bluetooth, lots of admiring glances:D

I dont get to use it much at the mo (8k in almost 2 years) due to work and was considering selling to my brother who had his TTS stolen last week - but think i may just keep it ;)

shaunw

Apr 13, 2007
HANTS
Hi Rob, hope you had a good Xmas mate. Gave mine a blast down the country lanes on Boxing Day morning after visiting a car show. Ok its a Stylance model but for me it has just the right blend of handling / sharp turn in and suppleness. The gearbox is a joy to use too. I've been tempted by the the Cupra a few times but after that drive (spirited, empty country roads and without wife and baby), I can't help but think I'd miss the suppleness on long drives more than I yearn for that extra bit of grip etc. As for power, (which I could definitely do with more of) there's always a remap :funk:

Shaun

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Bluetooth, lots of admiring glances:D

I dont get to use it much at the mo (8k in almost 2 years) due to work and was considering selling to my brother who had his TTS stolen last week - but think i may just keep it ;)

what were you looking at? :p
just kidding

sorry to hear about your bro , was getting a tts for my next car was it another house raid ? if you dont mind me asking?

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi Rob

Yes they broke in at about 18.00 one night last week, jumped across neighbours side gate and over the garden. House is alarmed and it went off but in the minute or so they were in the house they had the found the keys. Neighbour called the police but missed them. It was Speed Blue Convertible 09 Reg.

Gutting thing is that this happened to him 18months ago (may recall my post) when they stole his 3.2 TT. He lives in a nice area not known for crime, Police say these scum drive round areas that they think look promising and check it out over a few days before breaking in, they only ever take the car nothing else.

The Police have found the car in Enfield but will not let him have it back at the moment and will not give further details so not sure what is going on there.:confused:

He cant keep going through this (house insurance and car insurance arnt happy) so is going to get something less likely to be stolen :(

b@stards!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
hi mate i hate reading stories like this makes my blood boil. [:@]

perhaps they have the car under surveilance? to see if they come back for it?

really think the police need to get on top of this crime , its all i really hear about , stuff bloody speeding fines find these scum instead.

hope it works out for your brother mate.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.