Dull Mirror should I Wet Sand? (quick answer if poss)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Since i brought my car the drivers side mirror has been dull, so as its such a nice day and ive gave the car a good clean im gunna try and sort this out as well. the paint work on the mirror is very dull and rough to touch ive tryed polishing it before but it refuses to come out like the rest of the paint work. So my question is time to get the wet and dry out? Or is there another more friendly way anybody can suggest? I currently polish by hand and the products i have at home are: Megs stg1 SRP, EGP, megs quick clay, nattys blue.

P6100002.jpg

Cheers.

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
If you are going to w&d then you will need a machine polisher. Problem is it is quite hard to machine polish wing mirrors as they move and are only made of thin plastic. Probably just as easy to get it resprayed.
You could try Klasse all in one polish but I would be surprised if you could get it done by hand.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
As Daffy says, leave it! You won't get sanding marks out with any of what you've got. Besides, if the paint is that dull and you've already tried what you've got, I'd say there is a problem with the paint. It does indeed sound like it needs repainting.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Cheers for the replies guys, think ill leave it then and take it off and take it to be resprayed.

Reg- i havent forgot about you just tryed to save the pennies to finish off the car just got the k03s to fit and some coilies and a service and its done! Hopfully get to you before the end of the summer!.

David.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
No worries David, I'm not going anywhere!

How about a nice little K04 instead though.....?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
haha its staying k03s for a little hile, thinking of maybe big turbo next year now thats when things start to get serious! lol

David.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.