dump valve direction?!

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
hey guys had the leon at the garage an when it came out i noticed he had turned the dump valve around.......question is what way should it be an does it matter?! it was in with the smaller pipe looking upwards now it has been turned so the small pipe is coming out sideways?!?! does it matter thanks again

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Is it a Forge 007p? If so you can run it any way you want and quite alot of people on here run it in 'reverse', me included.

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
no real difference to how the DV works, you just get a different sound when it's working. Instead of a normal hiss, you get a metalic ping noise.

tripdiesel

Leon Cupra R 225
Mar 21, 2009
Isle of Wight
If it reacts quicker in reverse why doesnt forge design them that way? surely they design them for maximum response in forward/normal installation

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
hey guys had the leon at the garage an when it came out i noticed he had turned the dump valve around.......question is what way should it be an does it matter?! it was in with the smaller pipe looking upwards now it has been turned so the small pipe is coming out sideways?!?! does it matter thanks again

So they didnt tell you they had swapped it round?

Mine is fitted with the vac pipe at the top which as far as i know is the 'right' way round as thats how the original was when I took it off, would nark me a bit if somebody randomly turned it round without asking me

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I too would question why they had done it. Could of course be completely un-malicious and that they thought they were simply doing you a favour by turning it the 'right way round' in their opinion.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
makes no difference either way has little benefit, probably turned it round cos they thought they'd be doing you a favour, forget it and move on with your life

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
I too would question why they had done it. Could of course be completely un-malicious and that they thought they were simply doing you a favour by turning it the 'right way round' in their opinion.

Yes I wouldn't for a minute think it was done in malice, nor would I make a point of complaining. It would just be annoying.

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
Yes I wouldn't for a minute think it was done in malice, nor would I make a point of complaining. It would just be annoying.

yea never thought it in malice as yous said for whatever reason prob thought doin favour jus wanted make sure it ok as any i has seen had vac pipe out top.........thanks for replies lads!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.