Dump valve/diverter valve. Help?

inliner_04

Nov 1, 2009
I have a Leon cupra 180, and i wanted to get the Forge Split-R, i want the hissy sound of the dump valve and this seemed like a good option as supposedly it would stop the car going into limp mode due to being partially a dump valve and partially a re-circulation valve.

Since joining however i have heard many people mentioning problems with the split-r. Apparently some peoples cars are still going into limp mode, some people are losing power, others cant set them up right...

Someone mentioned i would be better off with a 007p?

firstly what is the difference between a dump valve and a diverter valve?
Secondly would i still get the sound?
Thirdly are there less problems associated with a 007p?

Thanks for your help, matt.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
dump valve dumps to atmosphere (the hiss) diverter valves recirculate the air(quieter hiss)
People say dump when they mean either
Your ecu works best with a recirc valve, like the 007p. make the most of the quieter hiss with an induction kit/ cone filter.

If you want it louder then your best trying the split r, have a chat to forge on setting it up.

Moshymosh

Mar 2, 2010
Poole, Dorset
i have a forge split r that i have taken off my car as i was bored with the hiss sounds it gets annoying after i while am trying to sell it if you are intrested? just o note i had no problem with mine did not bring up any fault code or go into limp mode was perfect

Last edited:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
An open cone induction kit, a 007p and remove ure bonnet lining and u will think dark vader lives under there especially when dumping under high boost if u are remapped.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise