dump valve fitting guide

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
can someone help me on how to fit my dumpvalve?
where abouts does it sit? and what do i blank off?
cheers

I'm assuming you've got a petrol Mk1 1.8 20VT (Cupra, Cupra R etc)

Back of the engine on right hand side under the engine cover you already have a dump valve - a black plastic one - fitting a new one is unclip original, take out, fit new one same as old one - you'll need new jubilee clips as the originals are one time use clips, but no blanking etc. needed.

gazzarino_cupra

I have a 2001 mk1 seat leon cupra 1.8 20VT, can anyone recommend the best dump valve for my car as the direct replacement for the original 1. Want to get more sound from it.
Cheers, Gaz

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Not a dump valve, diverter valve ... dump valve bad for the VAG turbo'd engines, mmmmkay :)

Forge 007p or Bailey DV30 recommended - as Wazuke said the Split-R gives more of a traditional "atmospheric dump" sound but not meant to be that reliable - better to go for an induction kit and proper diverter valve :)

Cootey

i d recommend the bailey DV30, i've had no problems with mine but if you want the noise your need an induction kit or panel filter

gazzarino_cupra

ive just been looking the DV30 up on ebay and most of the listings state this

"These dump valves can handle up to 60 psi so are fantastic for standard and tuned vehicles. Excellent for turbo cars who do not want the whoosh noise but want maximum protection for their turbo."

Looking for a wooshy DV? do I get the woosh with this DV if I fit a new panel fitler or induction kit?

Sorry for all the questions..... my first turbo'd car and im trying to learn all about this new stuff. All your knowledge is greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Gaz

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
wooshy DV's do not work on vag cars.. i been through a few tryng to get one to work.. for wooshy get a split R. Now i have heard elsewhere that a bailey DV26-D will work along with the dv re-location kit. I bought the kit but never got round to fitting it.

best thing you can do is just try different things.. my cupra r is my first turbo car but you will learn to use either a forge 007p or a bailey DV30. I have the DV30 now

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Of course it's a blow off valve, it blows 50% to atmosphere, it's not 100% recirculating, but it can be if you plug it with the stopper.

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Im confused now and dont know what to buy :/... until now i was pretty sure i wanted Forge Split-R.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
just stick with a good old 007p, 10 minutes to fit then forget.
well maybe add 30 mins to get the crap one use clips off in the first place
if you get your car remapped and change the filter it will be lots louder anyway.
i think it is turbin who has some sound clips of his car

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
i d recommend the bailey DV30, i've had no problems with mine

I've had problems with 2 of them. First one started sticking (either open or closed depending on what mood it was in) so I sent it to Bailey and they refurbed it, but it still played up. So they sent me a new one and that one done the same thing. There both just sitting in the loft gathering dust..

Now running a Forge 007p and its such a better valve and sound lovely with a open cone filter and a Forge TIP :D

The Bailey DV30 has a plastic piston which expands when it gets hot, the Forge 007p has a aluminium piston which does not expand as much.

East london20vT

Oct 9, 2008
east london
I have not got my new dv yet but i will be going with forge 007p, and an k and n induction kit i think, just to to remember to save and not get any more little bits for my car( vw sunglass holder, new bulbs, c2 arial )

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.