dump valve relocation

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
i relocated my dumpvalve to my throttle body a while ago.. no problems, but found it was catching on my bonnet. and rattles when my engine is turning off. its also took some paint off.

i've not got the dumpvalve underneith the throttle body, instead of on top, and its changed the sound of the dumpvalve a fair bit.. this wont effect the efficiency of it though? or be causing any problems with it being upside down will it??

thanks,
marcus

hope its not a stupid question!! :confused:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
what dv u got ive done this to mine recently with a turbosmart i got the "kompact" series had no problems with it atall...

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
its an AMD dumpvalve, cant remember the model. its definately put in the correct way, but just upside down, so it doesn't hit the engine.. just sounds very different now!

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
i've got the T piece upside down, because the 25mm hosing i've got isn't long enough, or flexible enough to bend all the way around, so i've made it straight as possible.
so basically my dumpvalve is underneith the pipe coming off the throttle body.
just wanted to make sure that it wont effect the dumpvalve at all..

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
cheers :) was just a bit worried incase it did.

well i'm happy now! with it hidden has actually tidied up the engine bay loads! then again, it did stand out loads with it being purple!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise