dump valve

damien do you find on the odd ocassion when going up hill in 5th gear with the engine under load going about 35 to 40mph when you back off ocassionally the valve sounds like it dumps or chirps twice rather than the normal once? dont think its anything important just wondering why.
i cant always get it to do it but on the rare ocassion it happens.
i also have mine in the reversed position.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
damien do you find on the odd ocassion when going up hill in 5th gear with the engine under load going about 35 to 40mph when you back off ocassionally the valve sounds like it dumps or chirps twice rather than the normal once? dont think its anything important just wondering why.
i cant always get it to do it but on the rare ocassion it happens.
i also have mine in the reversed position.

I think I know what you mean, Alex. But I think its just the sound of the dv eccoing down the TIP through the filter.Also, have you seen how much the engine moves when applying/removing larg amounds of load? Could be the actual filter/TIP moving while this happens causing the ecco to sound louder.

Just my thoughts anyway :shrug:

Apr 27, 2008
a no this is going to sound abit stupid but hay, what are forge TIP & 007p and what exactly do they do? :blink:

I think I know what you mean, Alex. But I think its just the sound of the dv eccoing down the TIP through the filter.Also, have you seen how much the engine moves when applying/removing larg amounds of load? Could be the actual filter/TIP moving while this happens causing the ecco to sound louder.

Just my thoughts anyway :shrug:

yea i have noticed the amount of movement.
your theory sounds about right its only somthing simple and it cant be a problem if yours does it aswell.
when you give it a little rev in neutral you can kind of feel it rock the car a wee bit like thers a monster engine in there lol. so that kind of backs up what your saying about the movement creating the sound to echo.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.