DV service, What grease?

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
I want to service my forge DV this weekend but i need high temp grease. I just wanted to know from you guys who have done this service what grease did you use? Please and thank you :)

Last edited:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
what grease? The service kit from forge comes with some red stuff which you wipe all over the piston wall of the DV, thats what recommned as forge supply it with the kit.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
The kit includes for the 007P:

Piston
3 seals
Red stuf greese (looks like blood)

Last edited:

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
I didnt realize. I was just going to strip it all out, clean it up and put it back together :whistle: So how much is the kit? I had a look on the site but couldnt find anything?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
They only need servicing once the pn test fails or the dv has covered 12k i think. YOu may want to contact forge as they are free.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Free!! I got a yellow spring from them the other day, so i thought i should service it at the sametime. Ok mate thanks for the info, I will give them a call tomorrow if they are open or monday. :)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Free!! I got a yellow spring from them the other day, so i thought i should service it at the sametime. Ok mate thanks for the info, I will give them a call tomorrow if they are open or monday. :)

Its just the service kit thats free ;)

jamiebennett81

give Forge a call, they should ship one out to you...for me it was free last time!

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
I would have thought from experience that pretty much any high temp grease would do the job, usually red and used to put on wheel bearings and things

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise