DV & signs of Oil LCR???

Deleted member 20376

ive just had a look at my dv i have the forge 007 fast loop, ive notice that the bottom pipe going from it have oil on the edge.
is this bad! its not a lot ive cleaned it up opened the dv and it seems a tiny bit has got in there, also noticed it had a green spring in there.

is this bad, or why is it happening, is it suppose to happen.
ive tightened the clip up as it was on the outside of the hose.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The oil comes from the block breather system, PCV. this is 'T'd into the intake after the MAF and before the DV. not to worry, unless you have a catch can you will always get this

Deleted member 20376

The oil comes from the block breather system, PCV. this is 'T'd into the intake after the MAF and before the DV. not to worry, unless you have a catch can you will always get this

catch can??????
how will i no. im guessing i have because im getting this prob or something is wrong.

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Catch can is not standard so could be mounted anywhere. Oil is quite common, as Willie said, and not an issue unless you have a catch can in which case means its either not working right or its full. Catch can stops this from being recirc'd back into the system.
If not sure if you have one post up a pic of you engine bay. :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
As Wookie said you can't see from that picture
If you don't know whether you have one or not you probably don't as these are aftermarket

Deleted member 20376

the place i had it from though after looking about the engine bay it seems he has had parts on before and taken them off as they are not standard hosing clips so i rekon he's had hoses and so one plus it had already been revo'd.
if you got a pic and try and explain to me what n where i maybe able to see it.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There is a hose 'T'd into the block, its the breather hose. It comes out the top right of the block. you will need the engine cover off for this (make sure you remove the oil fill cap before doing this).
Perhaps take the engine cover off and take a picture of the RHS of the engine

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members