ECU swap!

S17EW O

Help lads, am really undecideded, basically ive been offered the swap of a stave one revo mapped ecu for my own standard ecu. The lad is willing to help me and re pogram my imobiliser for me. Im just worried incase of complications i wont have my own ecu to put back on. he says he has done this procedure about 7 times before on different vags. What does everyone think??

S17EW O

well i dont really no anything about ecus......hve no idea if there could be any complications, have read things about ecus and maps being coded to cars etc....any light shed on any of this will just give me peace of mind :).....

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
well i dont really no anything about ecus......hve no idea if there could be any complications, have read things about ecus and maps being coded to cars etc....any light shed on any of this will just give me peace of mind :).....

It's not a big issue to code the ecu to the car. You need have no worries about the Revo.

Running a map may expose faults on your car though.

S17EW O

yeah but thats the same as if i went to revo or the map in the first place. So you cant see any reason why this isnt a decent idea, just worries me that i havnt seen anyone doing this sort of thing on here.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members