EGR Fault - how can I get it fixed?

RosemaryN4

Hi there. I am a new poster on the forum but I have lurked for a while.

I have had my Seat Arosa S 1.0 for 3 years now and I have had no problems with it until recently. It has developed a fault which showed up as P1444 EGR valve position sensor -G212: implausible reading. It passed the MOT this week though, so the CO2 emissions have not been affected.

The local garage which services my car were not able to tell me what the fault meant, but did say that replacing the EGR valve is very difficult and expensive.

I have seen other posts on this forum which have advised people to get a VAG-COM to alter the EGR valve, but I am not sure where to go to get this done. Does anyone have any advice for me as I suspect my local garage will charge me a lot of money to do something that may not be entirely necessary. I live in London - N4 - just in case anyone can recommend somewhere to go to get it fixed.

Thanks lot.
Rosemary

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
Not sure where the EGR valve is on a 1.0l, but usually bolted on top off the engine somewhere, they usually get clogged up and need cleaning. You need a spanner man with a bit off Arosa knowledge. Even it part is broke I sure they are onlt a few pounds. Will have a look on mine and let you know where it is. Bernie

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
simple to change out assuming you have the mk2 arosa.

it's next to the inlet manifold gearbox side. 5 bolts to remove it, 3 x 5mm allen key bolts into the head and 2 x 10mm head bolts on the ricirc pipe. 5 minute job.

think i have a spare one somewhere.

RosemaryN4

Hi Olethalb and s10mph, thanks for your replies. I'm not sure if my Arosa is the mk2 - it is an X reg and was registered in Nov 2000. I'm glad it is a simple job - I just need to find a garage near London N4 that knows Arosas and won't rip me off. Unfortunately whenever I pull into a garage they seem to see £ signs! Ly local garage is OK on servicing and MOTs but they are not so hot on other stuff. Or rather, they always seem to find the most expensive and complicated solution to any problem!

Rosemary

RosemaryN4

Hi Olethalb. N4 is north London - Finsbury Park, Manor House and Stroud Green. I can get to most places around north London if I have to. Thanks.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.