EGR removal

undefined

Complex Simplicity
Jul 8, 2007
Sheffield
i recentle bought a egr replacement. its sits in the place of the current egr valve. if i install it iv heard management lights comes on and car wont run right. can i turn the egr off or do i have to have it mapped out.

all information is welcome.

cheers

jabbasport

They can be mapped out on certain engine codes.. This wont effect the running of the car though, it only puts the light on, doesn't go into a limp mode..

Kev

undefined

Complex Simplicity
Jul 8, 2007
Sheffield
nah mate, i do believe there was a pd100 for sale when i bought mine and the bore wasn't the same size..

when i get in from work il let you know what the make is and see if you can track on down?

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
was like this :

DSC_0178.JPG

ended up like this:

DSC_0108.JPG

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
:) can't mess around with 2.1 bar peak!

Got sick of hoses popping off. Even the egr pipe blew off one day. If you look I had to put bolts right through the inlet manifold then use two thread locking nuts on each to hold it.

I miss the cars pace, but not the faffing with pipework! got shot of my st220 modeo and have gone back to vag with a oct vrs estate. Didnt realise till I bought it they only boost about 0.7 bar, so shouldnt get those probs again... well not until the new hybrid unit :)

Last edited:

tech1889

Have bought the Allard EGR delete pipe will all the hardware that came supplied be ok or will i need other parts ?? I dont mind just want to fit it soon

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
yes, however your boost pipe to the egr will need to be modified to fit over the race pipe. unless you use new silicone as above.