Eibach ARB or Milltek sports cat

Deleted member 7729

I've got a MK1 Leon Cupra with a Milltek Exhaust, Revo, Koni FSD shocks & Eibach springs.

With the improve income I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm toying with the above. Which would be the better route?

Or neither and add it to my MK5 R32 fund?

Deleted member 7729

Any particular reason? What improvement does it give? ARB improves handly...?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I would got for the ARB, this will transform your car where the CAT won't really do that much TBH.
Which shocks did you go for? I know its the FSD's but does it have the LCR fitment for the ARB, if so you can get a 23mm R32 front ARB for £100 with all the bits and OEM fitment. With the money you save get an uprated DBM bush kit and a uprated rear wish bone bush. This will feel awesome

Last edited:

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
I've got a MK1 Leon Cupra with a Milltek Exhaust, Revo, Koni FSD shocks & Eibach springs.

With the improve income I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm toying with the above. Which would be the better route?

Or neither and add it to my MK5 R32 fund?

Why????? Slower heavier car that guzzles the gas

Deleted member 7729

i had a race with an R32...sorry to say they are a weeeee bit faster....

Not interested in racing, if I want to race things I'll go and get an Elise..

The R32 is about having a nice V6, a bit of 4WD and a nice interior etc. I dunno I just like them.

On the upgrade list is:
R32 MK5
Audi TT V6
New Audi S3 if they drop more
Audi S4 53 plate.., but running costs will be a nightmare.

I'm tempted to get the ARB kit etc. as handling I think is the key thing.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
i had a race with an R32...sorry to say they are a weeeee bit faster....

They are faster than a standard LCR, but they're not as quick as a remapped LC or LCR.

I'll go against the grain here and say that the downpipe and Sports Cat would be my choice. You'll get an extra 10 bhp instantly and your turbo spool point will be 1000rpm lower. It transforms the driveability of the car.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
They are faster than a standard LCR, but they're not as quick as a remapped LC or LCR.

I'll go against the grain here and say that the downpipe and Sports Cat would be my choice. You'll get an extra 10 bhp instantly and your turbo spool point will be 1000rpm lower. It transforms the driveability of the car.

whats the 0-60 on the r32? 6secs? my lc is remaped and couldnt beat it on the straight. wasnt alot in it but it was qwicker.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
whats the 0-60 on the r32? 6secs? my lc is remaped and couldnt beat it on the straight. wasnt alot in it but it was qwicker.

I used to live in Münster, Nordrhein Westfalen in Germany. I came up against a Mk5 R32 on the 43 Autobahn between Münster and Recklinghausen. My Leon at the time was not my current one, it was an Arctic Grey 51 plate with a Milltek exhaust, Dynatwist induction and a Star Performance remap. It came out at 225bhp and 250lbs/ft on the dyno, so down on bhp but up on torque against the R32. You could safely bet on the Leon having a much better spread of torque too. R32 was heavier and would have greater transmission losses due to the 4WD.

There was nothing in it but the Leon was edging ahead. My current car would be noticeably quicker than the R32.

Deleted member 7729

Typical the more expensive option. Ah well see what money I get next month with callout etc.

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
get the downpipe and cat!ring milltek direct and get the 3inch downpipe 100cell cat.i dont think ive ever seen it advertised but its cheaper than the 2 1/2 inch 200cell cat aswell.it was probably the best thing ive bought for myleon,completely transformed it because the standard one is so restrictive.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
with the cat added youll need stage 2 map to feel the real benefits of it, so add anothe r300 quid to that...

arbs will help use the power you already have.

strugers1

arb's all the way
power is nothing without control
arb arb arb lol

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
I used to live in Münster, Nordrhein Westfalen in Germany. I came up against a Mk5 R32 on the 43 Autobahn between Münster and Recklinghausen. My Leon at the time was not my current one, it was an Arctic Grey 51 plate with a Milltek exhaust, Dynatwist induction and a Star Performance remap. It came out at 225bhp and 250lbs/ft on the dyno, so down on bhp but up on torque against the R32. You could safely bet on the Leon having a much better spread of torque too. R32 was heavier and would have greater transmission losses due to the 4WD.

There was nothing in it but the Leon was edging ahead. My current car would be noticeably quicker than the R32.

I can believe that. R32 at eh P Torqu RR day with a full Miltek system, struggled to make standard numbers. 238 BHP i think, and torque was well down on what an LC produces.