eibach dampers

philt90

2010 black Cupra R
Feb 12, 2009
preston
im looking at getting the sportline springs and going to upgrade the dampers at the same time to save on fitting twice.

has anyone fitted the eibach pro dampers with there sportline or prokits if so what do you think

FR_Flavoured

Phil, if you are going down the full suspension route, perhaps consider a Coilover Kit ?
The complete Kit once fitted will give you ADJUSTABLE Ride height, plus rebound (bounce).

It might workout a bit cheaper to buy Springs / Shocks seperately, but at the end of the day you will have a great Kit with the coilovers, and can setup your suspension exactly to your driving style. ;)

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
, and can setup your suspension exactly to your driving style. ;)

Or set up the suspension wrongly at all four corners, and have a car that handles like a boat.

I don't mean any offence by that but so many people are quick to suggest coilovers on this site, and IMO coilovers are probably required by less than 10% of the people on here.

I don't have experience with your particular car, but have plenty of suspension experience and Koni shocks always match up well with Eibach springs

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
As mentioned the FSD's are a good match for the Eibach springs but you'll won't see the full quoted dropped as the FSD's do make the car sit a little higher.

Damian @ DPM Performance

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
As mentioned the FSD's are a good match for the Eibach springs but you'll won't see the full quoted dropped as the FSD's do make the car sit a little higher.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Agreed with Damian on this one but the car rides and handles a lot better and has a nice stance to it.
Oh yea have a read of this thread: Coilover obession - Why do you really want coilovers??? Lots of good information here and will help you decide whether you need Coilovers or not. The majority of us (say 97%) the answer would be no.
Alex

FR_Flavoured

Or set up the suspension wrongly at all four corners, and have a car that handles like a boat.

I don't mean any offence by that but so many people are quick to suggest coilovers on this site, and IMO coilovers are probably required by less than 10% of the people on here.

I don't have experience with your particular car, but have plenty of suspension experience and Koni shocks always match up well with Eibach springs

At the end of the day, the person who asked the original question does so to receive a handful of replies - then with this information hopefully they can make a calculated decision on what solution will work best for them. ;)

The coilovers WOULDN'T be setup "wrongly" as you would take your car to a reputable tuner in the first place, to have them fitted - who you'd also expect to then set them up for you.

Therefore I take it your car ends up at some back street garage, going on YOUR experiences?

Last edited by a moderator:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
At the end of the day, the person who asked the original question does so to receive a handful of replies - then with this information hopefully they can make a calculated decision on what solution will work best for them. ;)

The coilovers WOULDN'T be setup "wrongly" as you would take your car to a reputable tuner in the first place, to have them fitted - who you'd also expect to then set them up for you.

Therefore I take it your car ends up at some back street garage, going on YOUR experiences?

My car wouldn't go anywhere other than MY workshop. But I do have the pleasure of working on suspension for other people every day.

Theres actually very few 'reputable tuners' that have a lot of suspension knowledge

philt90

2010 black Cupra R
Feb 12, 2009
preston
yer i want to go down the springs and dampers route as i can get eibach parts from my uncle i just wanted to know if anyone had tryed there dampers with the springs and if so what are they like

I know people used the eibach combo on focus and they got a very good write up. The world seems to have gone coilover mad I,m sure coilovers are overkill for the road. To get the best you would need to have them set up and corner weighed doing this costs money and needs doing every time you alter the ride height

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
For enthusiastic road driving Eibach and Koni provide a really worthwhile improvement.

FR_Flavoured

When I enquired (with a tuning workshop) about getting mine lowered, I was advised Bilstein Shocks are a good match for the Eibach springs.
Not sure if the dealer just wanted to sell me the most expensive option, or ?

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol

Damian @ DPM Performance

Digging up a past thread here but i think it's a good idea to get some info on springs and shocks, after reading the thread about coilovers,

Why do people match up the koni fsd's instead of the eibach pro damper kit which actualy is made for the eibach springs.

I've heard also that the fsd's with eibach springs gives a 'floaty' feel to the car, thats not something i'd want to feel with my driving style. I am thinking do i go the coilover route because it might be the ultimate setup, but i don't want the hassle of 'trying' to get things set up how i like it and i here you have to maintain them ever so often which i wouldn't really have time for.

I see you only list one type of spring and damper kit on your website for the 1P Cupra which is the H&R 40mm Cup Lowering Springs & Shocks Suspension Kit, so there isn't alot of choice if i were to go down the spring and shock route.

I heard that eibach springs and bilstein shocks are a very good match, but that wasn't on a cupra, and i can't seem to find anywhere who sell a bilstein shock for the cupra

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
A lot of people like the comfortable feel the FSD's give, personally I think there's better options available.

The Bilstein B8's are a good match but on the stiffer side which some people don't like.

The H&R Cup kit you mention is a very good option and a good blend of both handling and comfort.

Damian @ DPM Performance

FR_Flavoured

My car wouldn't go anywhere other than MY workshop. But I do have the pleasure of working on suspension for other people every day.

Theres actually very few 'reputable tuners' that have a lot of suspension knowledge

That puts you into a privileged position then, having your own car workshop, so you are able to simply order the parts, then drive straight into your workshop, with all tools to hand! [B)]

I feel a little cheated paying just over £100 for a set of Springs, then paying that again just to have them fitted! Goes for alot of work I might have done on my car. Could save a fortune if I had the workshop and skills to do the work myself.

Also as you indicate, you then know EXACTLY whats being done on your own car, rather than handing over the keys and being told to come back in 3 or 4 hours!

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
That puts you into a privileged position then, having your own car workshop, so you are able to simply order the parts, then drive straight into your workshop, with all tools to hand! [B)]

I feel a little cheated paying just over £100 for a set of Springs, then paying that again just to have them fitted! Goes for alot of work I might have done on my car. Could save a fortune if I had the workshop and skills to do the work myself.

Also as you indicate, you then know EXACTLY whats being done on your own car, rather than handing over the keys and being told to come back in 3 or 4 hours!

im the same :) my father got a garage for his company so i do use that to work on my car on the weekends. Got everything i need and the guy who works in the garage always gives me a hand if i need it :)

FR_Flavoured

im the same :) my father got a garage for his company so i do use that to work on my car on the weekends. Got everything i need and the guy who works in the garage always gives me a hand if i need it :)

Yeah, Great, you as well... go on and rub it in !! :D :p
Very nice position to be in. ;)

When I left school, being a practical person, I narrowed down my options to one of 2 interests... IT, or Car Mechanics.

You can guess which I went for! :D I do sometimes wonder where I'd be now, if I had gone with the latter.... perhaps working out of an F1 pit lane, I wish! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
A lot of people like the comfortable feel the FSD's give, personally I think there's better options available.

The Bilstein B8's are a good match but on the stiffer side which some people don't like.

The H&R Cup kit you mention is a very good option and a good blend of both handling and comfort.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thanks for the fast reply Damian.

The Eibach Pro kit seems to be the best option with the B8's (so i've read), I'm just wondering how the Eibach Sportlines would be with the B8's, are they going be to crashy becuase i'd imagine there is less travel? I'm just looking at getting the best handling setup so not worried about going low, but if the sportlines perform better with the B8's than the pro's will then so be it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members