Electrical problem Help?

Feb 19, 2022
Hi guys, I’m having some weird electrical problem with my car, it’s a 2006 Ibiza Fr.
Basically the car has been running fine (just about being a seat) but all of the sudden it will not start anymore.

I went out for a drive 2 days ago was all good and working. Parked up for an hour then decided to go and put some diesel in as the light was on. Car started fine but then I put on my headlights on and the car just cut out. Now it won’t even start anymore.

The car cranks over but some of the electrics are f*****. Swapped out the battery with another and it’s not that. If I turn on my headlights they don’t come on and when I go to turn them off it primes the fuel pump.

This happens when I press the horn, hazards, indicators, headlights. I honestly don’t know what is wrong with it. The central locking works, so does the radio, heaters, windows, and interior light.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any help would be highly appreciated.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Check for water in the modules and fuse boxes you might have a leak in the car that’s flooded a module. Is there anything else you’ve done to the car recently like repairs or maintenance that might help figure out what’s happened?

Reactions: JoseKaLeL
Feb 19, 2022
Check for water in the modules and fuse boxes you might have a leak in the car that’s flooded a module. Is there anything else you’ve done to the car recently like repairs or maintenance that might help figure out what’s happened?
There doesn’t appear to be any water in the fuze boxes or modules as the modules are covered in 16 year old dust. Haven’t done any maintenance on the car apart from flushing the heater core last Saturday but I’ve driven over 350 miles since then. Putting on the headlights messed things up somehow and they don’t even come on anymore

Feb 19, 2022
Apart from my boost leak, and slight coolant leak problems the car has been fine, thought I had blown HG but it was a bad coolant res

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members