electrical?

stolen

Jan 31, 2005
hello,

just bought a seat ibiza 2000 for the girlfriend. When we went to see it orignally, the passenger door lock was sticking and the radio was turning itself off when we started the car. I had an ibiza as my first car and now drive a leon and have always found them reliable (apart from electrics) so we decided we would go ahead with the purchase as i presumed it was a setting with the radio and the door lock was nothing major. Got the car, lock was working fine, radio wasn't. Now radio works when it feels like it. She has just called from the car saying that the battery light has come in the cockpit. I have seen a post reporting that a loose battery connection may cause these problems and another discussing a grey box that controls the radio causing the radio problems. Can anyone please help out with this as we have just got rid of a punto which cost us money in the end. Just need to know if it's a major or minor problem,

thanks, david

stolen

Jan 31, 2005
hi chris, thanks for the reply, it's just those two and the battery light, any ideas?

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
battery light could be that the alternator is on the blink, or simply the terminal. need to have a good poke around to see if anything is loose.

radio could be a loose wire or one of the several coming out the back of the head unit.

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
does the radio actually turn off? cos ive noticed sometimes when i drive over bumps the volume/on/off button sometimes moves as its a tad loose causing the player to turn off or sometimes the volume lol

stolen

Jan 31, 2005
the sage continues! just came back from looking at the car - the battery is dead so i'm figuring it's the alternator - brought the battery home, going to charge it and bring the patient back to the guy who sold it to us who by coincidence is a mechanic - he has agreed to sort out the alternator if that's the problem which is nice of him as he is under no obligation to do so - hopefully, that's the end of it, if not, i'll be back asking more questions - thanks to all for the help, david