Eletric Window Button Broke

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Went to open front passenger window yesterday and the little white bit in middle of button that shows the window symbol is missing! it looks like it has come off the button and droppped inside of it leaving a hole showing the led light inside!

Anyone ever had this problem before? Can the little switch be replaced, how much and how easy is it to fit?

Pic of missing part:

DSC00268.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 20376

I think you need to whole switch (all 4 windows & wing mirror)
the pin broke off mine and the whole thing fell thru. i got mine from seat but it was under warentee.
maybe a scrappies will have one or some1 whos breaking.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I think you need to whole switch (all 4 windows & wingmirror)

Passenger side ;)

Yes a few people have reported this happen on the switch. They just seem to collapse.
Passenger side at a guess would be less than £25. The are very easy to replace though. Just get a small flat bladed screwdriver, maybe cover with a soft cloth and prise up the edges around the whole switch base, a bit at a time until you can pop it off. Unplug the cable, replace and pop back in the door card.

Deleted member 20376

Passenger side ;)

Yes a few people have reported this happen on the switch. They just seem to collapse.
Passenger side at a guess would be less than £25. The are very easy to replace though. Just get a small flat bladed screwdriver, maybe cover with a soft cloth and prise up the edges around the whole switch base, a bit at a time until you can pop it off. Unplug the cable, replace and pop back in the door card.

whoops :blink: my bad he he :headhurt:

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Passenger side ;)

cheers, any idea where i can get one from? part number?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
No the whole switch. Don't think you can just buy the part that fell out. Pretty sure it's a single unit. Try ebay or breakers first.
I honestly am guessing at the price, might be cheaper. Pop the whole unit out, get the part number and ring your local dealer or TPS place for a price.

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Cheers, looked at switch area the other day, window goes up but doesnt go down! so defo need to replace the switch, will have to pop it out when over the weekend.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise