Emissions light on dashboard???

Deleted member 49775

I had this on Sunday night, .. Would not go over 2000 Revs.

Took it straight to Qwick Fit on monday, and the problem was PART NO: COIL3003. Single Plug End Coil ??

Apparently this is not covered in the Warrenty. I only bought the car last week from a garage in Sunderland.

Any ideas of how i can claim this back??

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Depends on the terms of the warranty, sounds like its not worth the paper its written on.

Deleted member 49775

I rang the bloke at the garage who i bought it, and he said its not covered, cos its wear and tear?

The tech at Qwick said that my car has 3 CYlinders, and only 2 of them were firing. so hes replaced the End Coil?

£135 quid later, Its a really nice car, no other problems, and elish to drive!

Reckon i should contact SEAT?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
How old is the car and what is the milage - I ask that as I think that these coils, from new, carry an extended warranty probably due to the fact that they did fail a lot and I'd think that Seat would be tightening the screws on the original supplier. Maybe do a search for "VAG coil warranty" or "coil warranty".

Personally, I'd never buy a coil from KwikFit as its not really their part of the market. If VAG has trouble sourcing a good supplier of coils, how easy will it have been for KwikFit to find an equal or better supplier. I'd stick with VAG supplied ones and within that stick to Eldor ones - buying NOS from Ebay is usually a good idea - maybe buy another one as a spare - I did when one failed - but check VAG price first before biding as that KwikFit price including fitting is quite high if you can fit it yourself - a Gendan VAG diagnosisic tool to tell you which one is faulty only costs £40 delivered.

Oh, contacting Seat, to get anything out of that, if your coil was still within their warranty, you would need to have the old coil to hand and have bought its replacement from a VAG dealer, preferably a Seat dealer.

Last edited:

Deleted member 49775

Erm.. its a 2006 Car, Mk4.

Mileage is 36,000.

Im gutted about this like, Any chance i can claim it back from Seat ya reckon?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Erm.. its a 2006 Car, Mk4.

Mileage is 36,000.

Im gutted about this like, Any chance i can claim it back from Seat ya reckon?

As you have used non Seat approved parts, non Seat approved garage I'd say 0% - though that car's coils probably still had some warranty left on them! Maybe someone will come back with exact details on these coils warrantytime/miles.