Engine coolant temp sensor part number?

Ovni_cupraR

Yellow Peril
Oct 25, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
Hi, just wondering if anyone has the part number for the temp sensor? (green top) for a cupra r. Also does anyone know if I can get one of these from vw/audi dealers as well?

thanks

Last edited:

LCR-Luke

059 919 501 A at £25.90 plus vat
and the seal that goes with it is N 903 168 02 at £0.90 plus vat.

I work at an audi dealership mate so audi/vw or tps centres.

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Which is exactly the same part I posted above only 3x more expensive :-/

Most dealers and EuroCarParts all seem to charge >£20 over here which seems a bit of a rip off when you read through the American VAG forums and see they pay <$10 from dealers and it's the same part still coming from Germany!

LCR-Luke

Which is exactly the same part I posted above only 3x more expensive :-/

Most dealers and EuroCarParts all seem to charge >£20 over here which seems a bit of a rip off when you read through the American VAG forums and see they pay <$10 from dealers and it's the same part still coming from Germany!

Absolutely ridiculous! We charge £75 plus VAT to fit them to the 1.8t's!

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Absolutely ridiculous! We charge £75 plus VAT to fit them to the 1.8t's!

Just posting the facts.. most places charge more for the part than outside of the UK.

I would assume your £75 charge comes from having a minimum of half hour labour charge like most garages. It's a business after all :)

As James says though most owners would kick themselves if they realised afterwards that it's a 5 minute job :happy:

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
I had to take off both of the plastic covers to get to it. Longest time was spent trying to get the stupid plastic screws to go back in once i'd finished :p

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
DSCN2524.sized.jpg

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury

Ah.. the stupid Secondary Air Pump plastic pipe. Does everyone elses fall off from time to time? :think:

I like my covers, they cover up the grubby mess underneath. Like some of the polished inlets and cam covers people have on here though :)

LCR-Luke

Just posting the facts.. most places charge more for the part than outside of the UK.

I would assume your £75 charge comes from having a minimum of half hour labour charge like most garages. It's a business after all :)

As James says though most owners would kick themselves if they realised afterwards that it's a 5 minute job :happy:

Yep you got it. Im fotunate as I work at a main dealer but i feel so sorry for people who don't and have have to pay £130 an hour for labour!! :cry:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise