Engine has gone to engine heaven!

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Cool bill get what you saying, when at AMD my car hit 189hp on the first run I asked why that was they said all the cupras don't have 180hp it will be between 180/189, crazy and to think that, anyway hope you can fix his car mate.

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Bill can I ask what the power outcome was after you done the map? If you did it

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
The one you just had in the std 180 you said in your last post? You no I got my map done at AMD would it be possible for you to do stage two instead of them next time?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
The one you just had in the std 180 you said in your last post? You no I got my map done at AMD would it be possible for you to do stage two instead of them next time?

I dont remember the lc180, it was 206-210bhp from memory from its stage 1. On std smic the air temps rocket up, so boost is only 1.1bar to try and keep the temps down. His torque in mid range went from 16?lbft to 225lbft from memory.. a Nice mid range

As for remapping yours when you want it done, yea, no problem

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Chears Bill, I got 207.1HP and 238.7LB-FT from stage one, can't believe the difference,I did a lot of work to my car befour it got mapped, fuel lines, filter, oil + filter, spark plugs! coil packs, font end of the car, now I'm doing the rear end tomorrow. The car is sooooo much better now The boost is still there when changing gear so it's like a rocket haha no hesitation atol, well when I'm ready for stage 2 I'll pop down and see you for that mate thanks

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
So... After dragging the car up to bills on the back of the pikey wagon today, we have the bad/good news! Head was off within 30 minutes of arriving, thanks to Bills hard working and dedicated trained team of Seals .

The good news is, the block will live to boost another day, the bad news is, as suspected, I've dropped an exhaust valve on number one, written off the head and piston on #1

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Wow thats fecked lol least it can be sorted mate. Time for the money to start flowing and get uprated parts. Theres alot of power going through that engine. Id love that power but ive not got that kind of money to just throw away when things feck up. Good luck hope to see it when its fixed

AmD Stage 1 Map, Forge 007 DV, CDA Induction Kit, GT80 Milltek Sports Cat Back.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
That's really crap, do you know what the cause was? Only ask as if and it is a very big IF I ever get to this stage it'd be good to know what could you have done differently to avoid this?

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Thoughts are either, gsf valve simply gave way. Or a turbo to manifold blow sent afrs nuts and detted, bent the valve, and the piston took care of the rest. Either way, super tech head being built up as we speak.

Adam Lane

Oct 4, 2014
Sad to see but also good to see that is a way back for it hope it works out love seeing these cars on the road rather then on eBay being broken up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
20 buckets being hit by cams ? Just sounds a bit different to other engines is all.. The noise is vastly exaggerated by that video. All 1.8t I've heard sound similar..

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Lol, that's good then mate was wondering what all that noise was with mine, but if your sounds the same then all is good, glad it's back up and running, there's not many on the road so it's good to keep these car running

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.