Engine Hoses Pic & Question

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Evening chaps,

Right first off i have a pic of the SS FK induction pipe ive fitted to the misses 8v. She doesnt care but i thought some on here might so here you go: - i had to take the piper cross viper off as there wasnt enough space so its back on with the K&N.

009-5.jpg

And i also have a question, mock if you want but i find its always best to ask as i am not techy at all but slowly getting better and hey....thats the whole reason i joined sc.net.......anyways,from my last Slicone engine hoses post i now have been sorted out with a set !! awesome ! I went to swap over the big pipe that comes out the engine and is linked by a small pipe to the engine water bottle and water started to come out so i quickly put it back on. Is this ok ? will i do any damage by draining the water out the pipe and putting the new one on ?

Cheers
Dan :D

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Job done.

pi$$ed with dirty water and bottle was empty, fitted the samco replacement, topped up with water and all is well.

Cheers

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
yeah will do. the water that came out was a horrible alomost orange colour so wil deffo check mid week.

i didnt make it to the last meet either, was just to tired. If not at the next meet will see you on the 29th

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
The coolant should be an orangey-pink colour. Which reminds me, I've got a slight leak that needs sorting. Not sure if it's the sensor on the radiator or one of the radiator hoses.

Yep, if not at one, then at the other :)

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Ah, 2L is a fair bit. Ideally I'd let some of it out and replace with antifreeze.

You have to be careful to put the right stuff in. It's best to use VW coolant. There are three common versions, Gsomething, G12 and G12+. If I remember correctly, G12+ is the only one that can be mixed with the other two. One of them is pink and one is orange - a search should reveal some more info!

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
This is new ground for me now.

so i take it i just add the coolent to the water through the normal method but should let some exces water out first. Will grab some coolent from halfords tomorrow !

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Got some!

£5 from midland VW and its says 4-1 solution.

is there any other way than getting the water out so i can add the coolant other than pulling the pipe out like i did in the first place. ...just made a bit of a mess.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members