Engine management fuse blowing

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
Can anybody shed any light for me? i bought the lcr just over a week ago and when i went out in it with the lad i bought it off,i noticed engine management light was on. So asked the lad "he said its coming up with lambda fault" which wasnt a problem for me.

Car runs fine but was shocking on fuel so i had it down to the fault,had it to a garage today he puts it on his computer and fook me there was 3 pages of faults :cry:
So he clears codes starts car they all come back strange,things like air flow wasnt even reading any signal. so he goes back in his office comes out and checks the fuses and i think its number 29 engine management one has blown :( out new fuse in clears faults and bingo none come back :D drive home yippee car doing 31mpg instead of 13 lol

Now my question is ive just gone out in the car it keeps cutting out and mpg back to 13 ish so check the fuse and yes its blown again :lol:

So has anybody had the same problem and any ideas as to what is causing the fuse to keep blowing?

Thanks lee

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
lcr help

ill put this in here also hoping somebody will help me out as had no joy in the leon section

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anybody shed any light for me? i bought the lcr just over a week ago and when i went out in it with the lad i bought it off,i noticed engine management light was on. So asked the lad "he said its coming up with lambda fault" which wasnt a problem for me.

Car runs fine but was shocking on fuel so i had it down to the fault,had it to a garage today he puts it on his computer and fook me there was 3 pages of faults
So he clears codes starts car they all come back strange,things like air flow wasnt even reading any signal. so he goes back in his office comes out and checks the fuses and i think its number 29 engine management one has blown out new fuse in clears faults and bingo none come back drive home yippee car doing 31mpg instead of 13 lol

Now my question is ive just gone out in the car it keeps cutting out and mpg back to 13 ish so check the fuse and yes its blown again

So has anybody had the same problem and any ideas as to what is causing the fuse to keep blowing?

Thanks lee

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Fuses don't tend to blow repetitively unless there is something really wrong.

Are there any mods on this car that could have disrupted the wiring loom:

1) HID's
2) FMIC (Spots have to come off / risk of other cables snagging)
3) Boost gauge / GPS / Speed camera detector (Connection to fuse box with faulty earth)

It seems odd that the Engine Management fuse specifically is the issue. Its not likely to be damp /wet is it? Where does the ECU sit in the LCR? In the skuttle under the windscreen like in Mk2 Golf? If so check that the apertures to clear water aren't full of gunk/leaves and the ECU is not sat in a pool of sh1t.

Last edited:

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
it has a fmic etc and also loads of stereo equipment ie sat nav,tv's in rear headrests,ps2. but surely they wont have anything to do with the management system?

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
well it looks like it was the boost gauge well hopefully lol as the live from boost gauge was going to another engine management fuse :( and when the fuse blew the boost gauge also changed colour.

Ive now disconnected light to gauge so will see what happens :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members