Engine management light

rodger

Aug 16, 2007
Glasgow
I put some redex into my 2004 Leon Cupra TDi on Friday and on Saturday the management light came on. Could this be due to the redex in the system

Anyone in Ayrshire with vagcom fancy helping me out?

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
A couple of things Roger.
1. It could be but unlikely.
2. Do not use that rubbish in a pd engine. If you are going to use fuel system cleaner use Forte and nothing else.
Glynn

rodger

Aug 16, 2007
Glasgow
Thanks glynn, seems a bit of a coincidence that it came on after sticking redex in.

Need to find someone with vagcom to help me out. Once I know the basics of it I will buy a kit myself.

Brian

rodger

Aug 16, 2007
Glasgow
Problem solved, guy local to me off here plugged it in to vagcom, ''glow plug number 4 intermittent fault'' cleared the fault but as it's intermittent the light came back on this morn. I will soon be vagcom ready so can clear it again.

Ronseal

Ive had exactly the same fault on glow plug4, cleared it with an ebay cable & vagcom. Happened 4 times now, last time i replaced all 4 glowplugs (probably needn't have bothered!) as No4 is fine.

Ronseal

Its come on again, laptop out, now its not!
No4 glowplug intermitent fault

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
ok, old thread brought to live time.

Was away in london all week and car sat on drive - this i come back to see that EML is on :(
nothing wrong at all with car in anyway that i can see or feel when driving.

What I'm after is: does a glowplug failure make a difference to drive & feel of car?
Also, my mileage indicator for a service passed the 0 mark and is now on the -100 mark - would this make a diff to create a scare to make me service car?

will ask in vag-com section, but looking for pointers as well

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
cheers glynnd, definitely no chug or lurching or anything like that.
have a read a couple of other threads through and could be a glow-plug and/or loom and/or control unit that needs replacing, you posted part no's in it.
will see if anybody can vag-com for me and at least i know and will source kit in new year when i have money, new houses & xmas do not work !!