Engine misfire and multiple warning lights after timing chain replacement

CuprAlex

Jul 24, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have owned my Ibiza cupra since about December but started experiencing problems with the car in January. The car would misfire very 20 miles or so. As it wasn’t a huge problem I carried on driving and eventually bought myself a code reader that said cylinder 3 misfire. Cleaned my spark plugs and bought a new coil pack for cylinder 3 however this didn’t stop the misfire. Eventually the problem got worse and the misfires would be more frequent and would cause my epc light to come on and my car to go into limp mode. This is when I decided to take it to seat for a diagnostic which they confirmed was a slack timing chain that needed replacing, I had my timing chain replaced by another garage as I wasn’t paying the £1600 seat quoted for the job. However the timing chain replacement hasn’t really changed the car at all and I’m still getting multiple cylinder misfires, epc warnings, crankshaft camshaft corrolation errors etc.
Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be with the car, thanks any help would be appreciated

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi everyone,
I have owned my Ibiza cupra since about December but started experiencing problems with the car in January. The car would misfire very 20 miles or so. As it wasn’t a huge problem I carried on driving and eventually bought myself a code reader that said cylinder 3 misfire. Cleaned my spark plugs and bought a new coil pack for cylinder 3 however this didn’t stop the misfire. Eventually the problem got worse and the misfires would be more frequent and would cause my epc light to come on and my car to go into limp mode. This is when I decided to take it to seat for a diagnostic which they confirmed was a slack timing chain that needed replacing, I had my timing chain replaced by another garage as I wasn’t paying the £1600 seat quoted for the job. However the timing chain replacement hasn’t really changed the car at all and I’m still getting multiple cylinder misfires, epc warnings, crankshaft camshaft corrolation errors etc.
Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be with the car, thanks any help would be appreciated

I have not got any solutions to your problem but if the systems are exactly the same as before are you sure they did the job ? sounds to me as if they just charged you to park the car up for the day.
I would take it back to where you had it done and get them sort it.

and probably the morel to the story is you get what you pay for !

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Easy to check yourself if they even replaced it.

Have a check and see if the so called new chain looks new

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise