Engine mount snapped!!

lockly

Jan 7, 2008
rye east sussex
Hello peeps i had the right engine mount snap (gearbox side) on friday :cry: has anyone had this trouble if so did you replace them with uprated ones??

Hello peeps i had the right engine mount snap (gearbox side) on friday :cry: has anyone had this trouble if so did you replace them with uprated ones??

that dont sound to clever,car was looking well when i last saw you.
ive heard some good things about the uprated dog bone mount bush and there only about 80 odd quid from awesome gti. they take away some of the stress off the engine mounts i beleive.

i posted a link in your readers ride thread.

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Whats snapped on it? Whats broken, the mount itself or the bracket between the mount and the gearbox

The mounting can go weak but ive not has one break, had any gearbox work done?

lockly

Jan 7, 2008
rye east sussex
that dont sound to clever,car was looking well when i last saw you.
ive heard some good things about the uprated dog bone mount bush and there only about 80 odd quid from awesome gti. they take away some of the stress off the engine mounts i beleive.

i posted a link in your readers ride thread.

hello mate yeah the car was going well like you say but then this happened :( ive also been through 4 clutches (not any fault of my own) looks like i'll have 2 be getting that dog bone mount bush then aswell as the engine mount getting a helix clutch fitted tomorrow!!!

lockly

Jan 7, 2008
rye east sussex
Whats snapped on it? Whats broken, the mount itself or the bracket between the mount and the gearbox

The mounting can go weak but ive not has one break, had any gearbox work done?

thanks for the reply yeah i had a lot of gearbox work done been through 4 clutches so guess it could of weakend it. :(