ET of the FR wheels ?

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Thinking of upgrading my wheels after all ...
Found a nice set R8 19" but the ET is 42 in the front and 55 in the rear = the same as the Audi TT mk2
Will they fit ?
What is the ET of my wheels ?

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Found a nice set R8 19" but the ET is 42 in the front and 55 in the rear = the same as the Audi TT mk2
Will they fit ?

ET might be too much really, especially the rear, also you have to look at stud diameter. You need 5 X 100, I bet the ones you're eyeing up are 5 X 112. With that high an ET on the rear's too, it will probably push the wheel deeper into the arch and rub on the suspension.

I'm sure other people will know why not.

ED

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
ET45. They will go straight on as they are 18 inch with 5 X 100 stud diameter and they will have 225/40 tyres on. I'll be spraying them black first though.

ED

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Will they fit ?
I must drive on different roads to anyone else, the way to go is 16" not 18", if I could fit 16s to my car I would. the only half decent roads now are the motorways, some side roads resemble a WW2 runway after a bombing run. anyone who goes for 19" wheels will soon be finding out how easy it is to hammer out buckles. I ran 14" on my last car, and it still out-handled a 390bhp Quattro.

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
I am thinking of putting original Audi R8 wheels on my car
I really likr them and if I cant buy a R8 at least I will have R8 wheels:)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
OE R8 wheels I believe are 5x112

Just done 200 miles today on my 18" with 215/35 tyres and can confirm it drives just fine, taking even the bumpiest roads in its stride.

So glad I manned up and went for it.

joonash

Nov 12, 2009
Finland
www.seatclubfinland.com
Which rims are these on this car?

ht tp://www .netti auto. co m/ seat/ibi za/ 3137 737
(Remove the spaces)
Looks like FR but in anthracite colour, am I right? Are they available for buy as aftermarket merchandise? Which size are they? They'd look ace on my ruby red beezzah.

Cheers

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Which rims are these on this car?

ht tp://www .netti auto. co m/ seat/ibi za/ 3137 737
(Remove the spaces)
Looks like FR but in anthracite colour, am I right? Are they available for buy as aftermarket merchandise? Which size are they? They'd look ace on my ruby red beezzah.

Cheers

Yes they are the standard FR rims
I am selling mine with tyres since I now have 18" (only driven 1500 km)
Dont know about shipping though

Beware of aftermarket rims because they are very heavy most of the time

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.