Euro Styled MK3 Ibiza

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
Had my ibiza for nearly 9 months now and have just decided to put up what i have done to it so far and then hopefully keep updating with future progress.

so here it goes...

When i picked the car up in feb '07 it looks like this:

cupra.jpg

cupra1.jpg

The car was equiped with H&R cup kit, giving a lowering of 50/40mm.

it also had a dynatwist induction kit and a forge 007p dv, as well as stage one revo.

I then set about deciding what to do with the car, i made a few sutle changes like spraying the interior door handles (that were badly ring damaged) the same colour as the car, artic silver:

Picture047.jpg

and this is how the car looked for a while (with the proper number plates on it):

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

Then it was time for a big change, after much thought I decided to change the wheels for something with a big of a shine :) and therefore decided on some porsche design 90's, the ones purchased were diamond cut.

then i sourced some adapters 25mm 4x100 to 5x130 to fit, then here are the fitted pictures:

Picture173.jpg

Picture177.jpg

and then a couple after the car had been given a good clean and a nice background setting:

Picture215.jpg

Picture200.jpg

more to come.

Last edited:

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
Bit of an update as promised when i was back from work:

Heres a few small changes that i have taken photos of

Pressed number plates:
DSC00035-1.jpg

DSC00034-2.jpg

Honda s2000 aerial:
DSC00036.jpg

Leon Cupra R front Spliter:
DSC00023.jpg

Aero Wipers:
DSC00037.jpg

Battery cover & CAI kit:
DSC00038.jpg

Forge TIP:
DSC00039.jpg

what the engine bay looks like at the moment, soon to be revamped! :)
DSC00040.jpg

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Good work Joah, I must admit Im a big fan of your wheels, they looked even better when I saw them on the car in the flesh in summer. Some good work for 9 months, keep it up mate:)

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
Cheers Dan, there is another meet up at the end of the month if your interested?

Thanks Mike yeah i will be getting the rocker, charge pipe, CAI pipe and the inlet manifold powder coated soon :) so should look alot cleaner then, plus then i will have the need to keep it clean :)

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
yeah it should be in there mate i'll put a new thread on it now. Yeah the more the merrier as it were :)

suomy

Good effort, dont get me wrong it looks ok but personally i would of left it how it was when you bought it.

i dunno what it is but a set of coilovers and wheel spacers is all the mk3 cupra needs to look good - less is more as they say....
(no offence to anyone)

i actually spoke to the previous owner about buying that car, i really like it its a lovely motor.

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Where did you get your battery cover and c.a.i from and how much did they cost? ive been looking for something to cover the battery but how exactly did u secure it down?

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
they are both from ebay, for the battery cover I moved the fuse box off the top of the battery and then the cover comes with a nut that sticks to the battery and then the cover screws onto it. as for the cai there is a thread in the MK3 section that explains it all, called "would this pipe fit"

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
How are you finding your wheel adapters? I'm thinking of getting some as i want some new alloys and there seem to be a lot more choice in the 5 stud pattern.

Where did you get them from?

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
wheel adapters are fine, looking at getting some new ones though which are thicker to push the wheels out more. :)

So if looking for some come to me. :) but i got mine off the edition 38 forum.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
gotta be honest here....dunno whats euro about it besides the fact the engine is german and the car is spanish...

not a dig just an observation

still looks great, done majority of them mods during my time. so for me its on the right track

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
gotta be honest here....dunno whats euro about it besides the fact the engine is german and the car is spanish...

not a dig just an observation

still looks great, done majority of them mods during my time. so for me its on the right track

its a work in progress tbh.

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
***quick update***

just sold me adapters and have some 30mm ones hopefully on the way soon. :)

and waiting new fmic to turn up should be very soon getting excited now :D

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
UPDATE

Wheel adapters changed for 30mm alloy H&R jobbies. :)

before:
DSC00022.jpg

After:
DSC00034-3.jpg

DSC00035-2.jpg

DSC00036-1.jpg

DSC00037-1.jpg

scrubbing slightly on the rear now but will sort that at the weekend :)

also gotta clean it for the oxford edition show on the sunday :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise