Evo2345 Leon Mk2 FR550

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
i agree it does look alot cleaner, i will add it to the list of my next mods, is it easy to do?

Ye really easy mate. Just take the boot trim off. 4 screws holding the motor. One big nut holding the wiper on the outside and u just need to pull the wiper off. It's abit stiff but with the right technique and some wd40 it comes off. Just disconnect the wires and hose from the motor and tuck it away nicely. And plug the hose up tho just in case u use the rear jet lol. Oh and put a 25mm rubber gromet in the hole. U can get one from Halfords. Takes 10 minutes :)

Dampy

hi
is a K&N panel filter better than a cone filter?
IF SO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE PLEASE?
cheers

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
hi
is a K&N panel filter better than a cone filter?
IF SO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE PLEASE?
cheers

On TDI most people recomend Panel filter over cone filter, i havent really noticed any difference fitting a panel Filter tho.

As i have ITG foam cone filter taken off my old 20vt Ibiza i might make up a custom induction kit and try it out.

Dampy

cheers EVO
might try a panel filter bloke in halfords says they are better for performance the cones better for sound?

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
small update: Gave the car a good detail yesterday, gloss black grill also fitted

SDC10089.jpg

SDC10088.jpg

SDC10072.jpg

SDC10090.jpg

SDC10096.jpg

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Nice mate, gloss black grill and badge look spot on, grill looks 100% better now.

I spy a red lip in the wheels...

greck999

SLOW work in progress....
Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
Nice motor mate. Is the 550 a limit run then. The use of the Good looking K1 kit etc, also what products are you using as i could do with doing mine but unsure as to what to use.
:p

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Nice motor mate. Is the 550 a limit run then. The use of the Good looking K1 kit etc, also what products are you using as i could do with doing mine but unsure as to what to use.
:p

yeah 550 was a limited edition with bucket seat and few other little extras. cleaining products i use are:

Zymol Wax and now also us Auto Glym HD Wax
Auto GLym super resin polish
Meguiras Hot wheels for the tyres and plastics
Black tutle wax for the stone chips
Meguiras paint cleaner
Clay bar and dodo juice lube:)

got to say the new auto glym hd wax is great :)

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
Some good work there mate. Good figures too :D im liking the rear lights too! Quality job on detailing, looks A1. Have to admit i do like the leon in black, got that stealthy look about it. That would have been the other colour i would have gone for.

How you finding the hybrid? Gotta get mine mapped correctly soon. Just wondering how your finding things, power delivery, mpg, clutch issues? cheers mate :)

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Some good work there mate. Good figures too :D im liking the rear lights too! Quality job on detailing, looks A1. Have to admit i do like the leon in black, got that stealthy look about it. That would have been the other colour i would have gone for.

How you finding the hybrid? Gotta get mine mapped correctly soon. Just wondering how your finding things, power delivery, mpg, clutch issues? cheers mate :)

cheers for the coments:) cars just running on the standard turbo with stage 2 software with dpf bypass. Id be interested in having a listen to yours with the exhaust modification and induction kit and also the nice hybrid turbo

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.