Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
As title really.
Whats peoples thoughts?
One better to fit than the other?
Quality?

Prices are similar with the heat shield inc.
Anyone know which one performs the best?

Evoms for the ko4 (not modded ko3) is out this week.
I've heared it's louder than Dbilas and gives a woosh on back off (open cone).
Not that i'm really after that, don't want it too intrusive or loud.
I know the guys with higher bhp on here are using the Dbilas.

Has anyone got the Evoms and can comment?
Should the open cone with heat shield give better results?

Cheers. :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
A test to compare intake kits would be most welcome. Until then its going to be opinions only.

For what its worth, my opinion is that the Dbilas is likely to be better because it uses the OEM intake and therefore will be less prone to hot engine bay air affecting what is ingested.

The different designs available, like cones in the wheel arch/engine dont allow the free flow of air from outside the engine bay in unless you are using funnels/tubes/pipes.

The Dbilas does give a louder than OEM noise and if you let off quickly when changing gear, you will get let off noise. I have no doubt it is quieter than a cone, but then I am not bothered about it being that loud and whooshy as I am past the whole pre-pubescent stage :lol:

People do always tell me my Cupra sounds the biz and I have never heard anyone say its too loud or "chavvy" if that makes sense.

Poverty

Link to the new evoms?

APR have a new carbonia out soon also!

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Phil, i have had both fitted to my K1. The Evoms is indeed loud and quite intrusive in the cabin. I tired of it after a month or so and went for a Dbilas.

Photo0200.jpg

Photo0255.jpg

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I've got the Dbilas now and had a VF negineering one for a short while (apparently similar to a EVOMs, although I'm told the EVOM is louder again).

Anyway both gave good improvements in performance although can't quantify which is best. What I can tell you is that the VF Engineering / EVOMS is considerably louder, a loud whoosing noise from the glovebox area. You can have a listen to my Diblas if you want as I see you are in S Wales, whereabouts?

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Sounds like the Evoms would be a bit hardcore.

Rob i'm in Bridgend. Would like to hear it if we get chance.

Is regal the best place to get Dbilas?

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I'm in Swansea and travel past Bridgend once or twice a week. Would like to check your car out as I have just bought a Cupra which is a twin of yours (bar the wheels) so I would like to see what they look like.

The Dbilas is currently off my FR awaiting a small adaption by Regal required to fit the K04 engine'd car so will be back on by the end of next week.

Drop me a PM and we can sort out a meet.

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
I'm in Swansea and travel past Bridgend once or twice a week. Would like to check your car out as I have just bought a Cupra which is a twin of yours (bar the wheels) so I would like to see what they look like.

The Dbilas is currently off my FR awaiting a small adaption by Regal required to fit the K04 engine'd car so will be back on by the end of next week.

Drop me a PM and we can sort out a meet.

Cheers Rob pm on its way. I have an S5 at the moment.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Na no way. 349hp and i'd guess it weighs upwards of 1650kgs.
Makes you realise what you have got with the Cupra.

With the added bonus of 4WD:D:lol: I've thought about an S5 for the future although it only has two seats in the back which is no good for the in-laws and our daughter in the back.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise