Exhaust or Re-Map?

SupaFly

Guys need a bit of advice, Im in a bit of a dilema I cant decide whether to get an exhaust or a Re Map for my cupra 1.8T. Im looking to get both eventually however my funds will only allow one of them at the moment, im leaning towards the remap as its the cheaper option and is half the price of the exhaust I want and the power gains are awesome, yet I don't know whether I should wait and get them at the same time?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Cheers.

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Exhaust would be my choice.

No good getting it mapped if you are then going to add an exhaust that the map doesn't take full advantage of. IMHO.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
depends if your going for a cat-back exhaust or turbo back i say. If your going cat-back, then you may as well just go for the remap as the cat back doesn't yield much gain. Turbo back makes a big difference in my experience and you'd be better off getting that before the remap to take full advantage :)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Exhaust first. Get a full turbo back exhaust then all you need is a Forge TIP & 007p and a high flow air filter then you can go straight for a stage 2 map :D

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Exhaust first. Get a full turbo back exhaust then all you need is a Forge TIP & 007p and a high flow air filter then you can go straight for a stage 2 map :D

Agree'd
On my 1.9TDI i went remap then exhaust.
I've realised now if I go

Exhaust with Turbo Downpipe and Sports Cat
Forge Tip & 007P and an air filter

You can go straight for a stage 2 map... which will be alot better :)

jamest87

lead foot
Feb 10, 2009
thanet. margate
thats good to know as ive just bought a turbo back exhaust and was thinking witch one to get first. Glad i went fir the exhaust first. Still deciding where to go for the remap..

techathy

^^ my name, my thought >>
Jul 9, 2009
Cambridge
I'd always go with base line mechanical mods before a remap. There's less chance of this on a turbo engine but it's possible you can change the way things work to the extent an off-the-shelf remap doesn't match up with what your engine is doing & you need a bespoke remap.

SupaFly

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I see the general opinion is get an exhaust first. I was gonna go with a ble flame full system and a celtic Tuning remap they state they can re Map o 225 on standard so im assuming that with the exhaust on it will be lot better. I havn't heard of a stage 2 remap who does this and what are the power gains?

cheers

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
A stage 2 map will see you between 230-240bhp and 260-280torque have a read on here about maps depends on where you are really alot of people have went with P-torque and say alot of good things about them but there are a few others just have a browse!

Ive gone down the route of exhaust first all i need is my centre section now and im ready for a stage 2 map cant wait for it :thumbup: Still unsure who will do my map but if i take the car down south it will most likely be Bill at Badger5 !

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Guys need a bit of advice, Im in a bit of a dilema I cant decide whether to get an exhaust or a Re Map for my cupra 1.8T. Im looking to get both eventually however my funds will only allow one of them at the moment, im leaning towards the remap as its the cheaper option and is half the price of the exhaust I want and the power gains are awesome, yet I don't know whether I should wait and get them at the same time?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Cheers.

Turbo back exhaust first, then custom remap :)

If you only want to do 1 thing, a stage 1 remap will be the best way to unleash power

SupaFly

Cheers guys what the likely prices of a full system exhaust blueflame quote £650 ish.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I had a full custom system
Including a turbo downpipe.

So a turbo downpipe (Increases airflow) to a sports cat (Increases airflow) to a 2 1/2" bore pipe with the sound of my choice and the tip of my choice for £608 inc fitting.

SupaFly

Thats good that Ramze who was that with? did you notice any power gains? cheers buddy

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Thats good that Ramze who was that with? did you notice any power gains? cheers buddy

Prospeed exhausts in Cardiff
Charlie (The fella there) did me a nice deal he's a good guy
I've noticed maybe a small power increase however the revving is alot free'er and its great because power is there when you need it.

He did tell me that once you get a stage 2 remap you'll definatly notice the difference then

SupaFly

Sound as a pound, thanks everyone i think ive made my mind up :)

Crashapollo

Im the Don
Mar 3, 2009
Ashbourne
alright CJRamze

what does your car sound like with the different Exhaust? is it nice or like a Tractor? thinking of getting one myself for up Cupra pd160 just dont want it to sound too nasty. also does it smoke alot more than standard?

thanks
Dan

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise