exhaust pop and power returns?!!

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Bit of a strange one here, the car is due a service (minor only) and recently its been a little sluggish to drive but still holding power nicely. About a week ago i put some redex diesel cleaner in with some tesco diesel (no shell open near me due to refit!) and it didnt seem to get any better. Got a little more sluggish but still not that bad.. just felt like it was holding back a bit! Finaly used all the nasty tesco fuel / redex mixture and filled up with some V power diesel, didnt seem to make a difference initialy, covered about 250 miles over the weekend and 2 miles from home i stopped at the shop.

Came back 2 mins later and started the car back up, noticable pop erupted from the exhaust and a big puff of white smoke so i switched engine back off!! Turned it back on and was running fine, better than it has for weeks! Any ideas what on earth could have caused this?? Bit worried as there shouldnt have been a pop atall!!

Thnx.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
could be an indcation but thick black would most likely be a turbo gone! White could be water mixing or a big cloud of unburnt fuel perhaps!? But turbo is fairly new and definitly working fine now!!

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
hmm very strange. Check ur boost pipes and make sure there is no white gunk'y stuff on ur oil cap or anything.

PS. a Pompey man, like it :D

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
well not right now, was at uni but finished 2nd yr and on a work placement for a yr now :)

Hope everything is ok with ur beeza m8, im off now :)

Stu

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
if its running fine now it could of just been a clogged exhaust system. when you first switched off maybe there was a large amount of soot going through the system which came to a stop. then when you fired it up again blew the crap out with a little pop.

mine always smokes on start up (white at times too) but it's never caused me any issues.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise