Fabia Aero Wiper.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Ello all.

Wiper was torn off by a Shell Carwash last week. Had to order a new one this weekend just gone.

Decided to go with a sort of aero-look one that was on the back of the Fabias and Octavias, at my local Skoda dealer. Fitment looks fine, so I gave them the nod to go ahead and order it. £23 or something.

I read a thread on here that suggested there'd be an issue with the fit, but it didn't specify why. I think I've seen the same blade on a Mk5 Golf.. it will fit, right? :S

Vag_Dave

!! Diesel Power !!
Jan 15, 2007
South Wales
I wish something or someone would rip mine off becuase i can't get my Leon rear wiper off, to replace it with my Fabia Wiper!!

Mar 5, 2007
Im sorry. Can we make sure no one answers his question and gives Lick an instant ban.

He took his Leon through an automatic carwash. Words can't describe my dissapointment.

Perhaps death will give you time to reflect upon what you have done Licky...

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Im sorry. Can we make sure no one answers his question and gives Lick an instant ban.

He took his Leon through an automatic carwash. Words can't describe my dissapointment.

Perhaps death will give you time to reflect upon what you have done Licky...

HAhahah :D

Great post bud :p

I was in a rush and had someone to pick-up. It was a compromise - dirty car with rear-wiper, or clean car with no rear-wiper. I stand by my decision :p

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Will get one tonight, Stu. At work at the moment but I'm picking it up after. It looks nice...

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Bit steep isn't it. :blink:

The wiper set up ain't much more than that.

Like I said you'd have to be feeling flush. ;)

Mine came off with a bit of WD40, a wiggle, patience and lots of :censored:[:@]:censored:

rdcoops

how do you remove the cap on the arm (the bit housing the bolt and washer jet) is it a simple pull it off? or is this the bit vag_dave is having troubleS?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Just a pull will get it off
The bit that people have trouble with is after removing the captive nut the wiper is on a knurled shaft and its a PITA to get off. I know from experience. I used a hammer, screwdriver and a piece of wood, not in that order though

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
what wiper do i need to get. one has to have a slit cut in it. I dont want that one. The other is direct fit.

I think its what your asking too, as the slit is for the squirty thing.

stuart86

Mar 14, 2006
West London
www.britishmods.com
you need the cap with the cut in it for the washer jet.

some people go for fabia wiper or toureg wiper page 2 or 3 i think

i went for the toureg wiper myself... this can be seen in the link in my sig (dont worry its just my car not me dancing lol)

Vag_Dave

!! Diesel Power !!
Jan 15, 2007
South Wales
how do you remove the cap on the arm (the bit housing the bolt and washer jet) is it a simple pull it off? or is this the bit vag_dave is having troubleS?

I have managed to get the cap off, that was the easy bit and i thought the rest would be too :shrug: !!

I just haven't had time yet to WD40 it and give it a wiggle, my try tonight if it ain't raining!!

Andy_J

Sep 20, 2006
The Kingdom!
you need the cap with the cut in it for the washer jet.

some people go for fabia wiper or toureg wiper page 2 or 3 i think

i went for the toureg wiper myself... this can be seen in the link in my sig (dont worry its just my car not me dancing lol)

dude, your blade is well small! :lol:

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I have managed to get the cap off, that was the easy bit and i thought the rest would be too :shrug: !!

I just haven't had time yet to WD40 it and give it a wiggle, my try tonight if it ain't raining!!

Where is S.Wales are you? I'll rip it off for you ;)

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Right. Got my aero wiper kit. i.e. arm, blade and cap.. but my old Fabia wiper-base won't come off.

I've gone at it with WD-40, allowed it to penetrate and it still won't budge. I've run out of ideas...

If I pull any harder it'll come off with the entire jet system as well.

Ideas?

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
lol! Sod off, Marshy :p hehe.

I got it off eventually. I swore and tugged and it shot off with a satisfying metallic tang!