Factory Fitted iPod Intergration

moogaloo

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a 1.4 TDI Ecomotive and am interested in the factory fitted ipod intergration. I understand that I need an additional adaptor / cradle / wiring loom for this work.

I have an ipod 30GB Video (5th Generation). I asked for a demonstration of the iPod intergration at a delaership but they were unable to get it working. This was with the iPod simply plugged into the USB port, so I guess this is because it was missing the additional additional adaptor / cradle / wiring loom.

I have had CD changer based aftermarket iPod adaptors in the past and they have not been for me. I was limited to pre-defined playlists and upto 99 tracks per playlist. There was no proper way to browse the music library on the iPod. They also disabled the interface on the iPod itself.

Has anyone got this up and running? If so I would really appreciate it if you could explain how it works and how easily you can browse the library. I don't want to pay for iPod intergation if I end using the Aux in anyway.

Many Thanks for any help

Chris

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
I think most people are skipping that option, as it's a £93 option for the usb port thing, and then extra monies on top for the ipod craddle thing. Also worth noting that it's not compatable with the iPhone or iTouch :S and not even all models of the other 'ipods' (like nanos etc).

If it's like my frends philips/panasonic car radio (which has a usb in) you need the cable for it to work properly.. the apple/ipod cable just doesn't work for some reason... philips/panasonic are charging a lot for this cable you need.. so he's on the aux input.

could you get the dealer to order the official seat accessory (the cradle) so you could try it out?

-Cyph

moogaloo

Found a couple of interesting links but I am not allowed to post links as I am a newbie so you will need to cut and paste these links into your browser

ibizaoc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=16

and

ibizaoc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=17

The cradle is about £65 exta, you also need to specifiy where you have the AUX in socket as it uses both the USB and the AUX in.

It is Ipod Touch compatible (though not officially), Navigation is through an alphabetical track list so when you have 6000 tracks this might be too much. Though you can browse through folders which I think are normally organised as Artist and sub folder Album, so not bad I guess.

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
If you want the ipod to work you need to ask for the usb port add on which is the £93.

Then you need to buy the cradle from parts which is about £50 which then makes your ipod work and all the names and track numbers ect come up like they would on your ipod and the steering wheels controls work also.

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Well i rang seat because i want to add the USB option (NOT Ipod, just USB), to my car. They quoted £100 for the kit (assuming i did it myself), or £210 for them to fit it. Pretty extortionate if u ask me!. I can buy a decent USB mp3 car radio for that price (but it wouldn't fit !!!!!!).

Best Regards,
Andy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise