• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 22, 2026
3
2
Mid Wales
Hello All,

Just bought a VZ3 estate with the Akebono brakes, It's currently on the "hailstorm" 19s, looking at an alternative set for winter/all saeason tyres.

Just curious if anyone knows what, if any, other Factory/Cupra wheels will clear the Akebono calipers without spacers?

I'd assume the formentor options to clear the same brakes are all 20s

Thanks
 
I'd have thought that any of the 19" rims as fitted to the Ateca VZs should fit, as they will clear the Brembo (now Akbono) 372mm brakes on the VZ3.

I had been looking at these, but can't find any info whether the Brembo 4 pots and Akebono 6 pots are the same thickness.

With the clearance on the Hailstorms as is, I'm more concerned that the caliper might hit the back of the spokes