Fan Upgrade/Change

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
I have a cupra R and the fan hasnt yet kicked in so im assuming theres a fault somewhere with it, however before i go digging or replacing anything, I am wondering if theres any better setups. I have removed A/C so dont need that fan anymore, but has anyone upgraded their fan? Also is the secondary water pump needed (assuming thats what the little motor on the fan housing is).

Cheers
John

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Never heard of anyone needing to replace their fan for upgrading purposes.

Do you get warning lights, error codes or engine temp goes through the roof?

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
Never heard of anyone needing to replace their fan for upgrading purposes.

Do you get warning lights, error codes or engine temp goes through the roof?

No I dont, although fans havent ever come on and ive thrashed the car. Have aircon removed though so not sure if this affects the circuit?

Was wanting to get some aftermarket fans, have one wired in to the car as normal, and one on a switch inside the car. Going to be a track car/fast road car so want to keep things cool. Not sure how to go about improving/changing the standard setup though.

Can the electric water pump be bypassed/rid of too?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I am guessing probably not by the responses. Not something that is an issue (the fan itself) , you can check if the fan is okay by connecting it directly across the battery if it rune then its probably going to be a fuse/relay or temp sensor (but unlikely as you would have other issues)
You can fit an an aftermarket fan - not too many choices but have a look here
https://www.malpasairflow.co.uk/s/c...B5vIO0LgtG_LhR4XQyxJGx_r-MGtA4KkaAhLFEALw_wcB

The secondary water pump I couldnt say other than providing run on cooling for the turbo ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise