finally I picked my leon up

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Your right to a certain extent, I do hope Motablity look into this to make sure that the scheme is not being abused. It appears from the comment the OP has made on this and other sites that it could be the case

In my eyes this is the same as people who choose live off benefits and make no effort to try and better their lives.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Agreed

now stop giving the guy a hard time.

plus if he was abusing the system he would of got something better than a 1.6 leon ;) i know i would of lol

He is unable to because of his age 115 BHP is the most powerful you can get

CupraBabe14

Oct 19, 2011
Brighton
This might sound harsh but u keep saying you suffer from nerve problems is that for sympathy?? In that case I suffer from eating to many kebabs on a Saturday night u seem to be attention seeking with keep repeating yourself!!

If your not guilty of anything than u have nothing to
Worry about!! And I sure as hell wouldn't lose sleep
Over Internet banter!!!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I think a lot of conclusions are being jumped to here.

None of us knows the full story, and I doubt we ever will.

I'd say that so long as the car is always available for the use the of the DLA claimant when they need it, what happens when that person doesn't need it is fairly moot. Whether or not it's an abuse depends how much the claimant actually needs the car, and that's something that none of us here can hope to know.
that's what I said earlier. if the OP's not breaking the rules and his mum's ok with it, no problem, he's nowt to be worried about, this thread included. he just needs to realise that if he is genuine about it all, he needs to think very carefully about what he is posting. on the other hand, if he is abusing the system then as has been pointed out it's all now in the public domain.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
that's what I said earlier. if the OP's not breaking the rules and his mum's ok with it, no problem, he's nowt to be worried about, this thread included. he just needs to realise that if he is genuine about it all, he needs to think very carefully about what he is posting. on the other hand, if he is abusing the system then as has been pointed out it's all now in the public domain.

The big question is if

Like I have said earlier in the thread I was biting my tongue on a lot of his previous posts until he said he was being taxed twice on it.

The rules of motability are quite clear but the OP seems to have demonstrated a blatant disregard to them. not saying this is fact but its the impression he has given out on this and other forums

think the point of this thread should be you really have to be careful what you put on forums

Last edited:

TomH01

Dec 30, 2011
I can't see that he's broken any of the Motability rules, as the named driver he's perfectly entitled to use the car whenever he wishes, as long as the car IS available for whenever his mother needs the use of it, that's what the motability scheme is all about. I do agree though that he should of chosen some of his words more carefully and he wouldn't have wound so many people up.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I can't see that he's broken any of the Motability rules, as the named driver he's perfectly entitled to use the car whenever he wishes, as long as the car IS available for whenever his mother needs the use of it, that's what the motability scheme is all about. I do agree though that he should of chosen some of his words more carefully and he wouldn't have wound so many people up.

Car can only be used for the benefit of the person who is claiming DLA
Sub-leasing or selling the car is not allowed

2 right there for ya ;)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Right, so since my grandmother is disabled, i can have a car through motability, use it to take her to te hairdressers once every 6 weeks and use it for myself the rest of the time?! And my only cost is fuel? Thats seems fair!

Deleted member 74601

As above.

Through your rules, I think I might get my Grandma a car through motability and do what Jarre said.

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
On the flip side of things, my nan has been entitled to DLA since open heart surgery when she was a small child, and she's also entitled to Motability. Over 70 years later, she's never claimed a single penny, and always bought, insured and serviced her own car. It would appear some people ain't too proud to beg.

TomH01

Dec 30, 2011
Car can only be used for the benefit of the person who is claiming DLA
Sub-leasing or selling the car is not allowed

2 right there for ya ;)

That's what it's used for, his mother, the claimant, and can't be sub-leased as he's the named driver.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
That's what it's used for, his mother, the claimant, and can't be sub-leased as he's the named driver.

He is payer her back the money she has "lost out on"

and by him going to car meets etc thats for him not his mother

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees

Do you seriously view it as morally correct for the 'named driver' to be using the vehicle for his daily commute meaning he only pays fuel? Allowing him, essentially, a free car? It is so so so wrong!

TomH01

Dec 30, 2011
Right, so since my grandmother is disabled, i can have a car through motability, use it to take her to te hairdressers once every 6 weeks and use it for myself the rest of the time?! And my only cost is fuel? Thats seems fair!

It may sound unfair but that 's the way it works.

TomH01

Dec 30, 2011
Do you seriously view it as morally correct for the 'named driver' to be using the vehicle for his daily commute meaning he only pays fuel? Allowing him, essentially, a free car? It is so so so wrong!

I totally agree with you, it does seem wrong, but there is nothing to say that he can't do that, it is a grey area.

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
As above.

Through your rules, I think I might get my Grandma a car through motability and do what Jarre said.

What Jarre said would be a clear abuse. If Grandma only makes one journey every 6 weeks she clearly doesn't need a motability car.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.