finally I picked my leon up

richibiza

Jul 1, 2005
hey guys well after 13 weeks of waiting to take delivery of mine or (my mums as its motability) the day finally arrived. Picked her up at 9.30am this morning.

1.6 tdi se copa, once I have had a few days of driving her and getting used to it I will post a comprehensive review on the pros and cons of the car!

Ok some pics

SAM_0205.jpg

SAM_0215.jpg

SAM_0214.jpg

SAM_0213.jpg

SAM_0212.jpg

SAM_0211.jpg

SAM_0210.jpg

SAM_0209.jpg

SAM_0208.jpg

SAM_0206.jpg

SAM_0205.jpg

SAM_0203.jpg

SAM_0204.jpg

SAM_0218.jpg

SAM_0219.jpg

SAM_0220.jpg

SAM_0221.jpg

SAM_0222.jpg

SAM_0223.jpg

SAM_0224.jpg

SAM_0225.jpg

SAM_0226.jpg

SAM_0227.jpg

SAM_0228.jpg

Deleted member 74601

How did you get the phone screen up on the RNS? Also, can you have more than one phone connected?

Looks good though :D

Last edited by a moderator:

richibiza

Jul 1, 2005
How did you get the phone screen up on the RNS? Also, can you have more than one phone connected?

Looks good though :D

hey mate you need to press the phone button on the RNS and all of the options will then show :), I'm not too sure about having more than one phone connected if I'm honest.

Thanks sooooooooooo happy with it, in fact mum is too finally don't have to watch her struggle in and out of a car any more

Deleted member 74601

Meh, it must be an RNS 315 thing. I have MY10, so it's RNS 310, and all the phone button does is mute it!

Oh well, enjoy :D

Deleted member 74601

Forgot to ask, as I've never known. What's the deal with these motability cars?

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
If on higher rate DLA mobility you 50ish a week you can swap the money for a car on a lease basis basically and the tax/insurance/tyres/servicing etc is all paid for you just add fuel. Theres a limited selection of motors from each company and depending on which model sometimes you have to pay an advance fee(to make up the cash if a more expensive car) Vauxhall at the moment are by far the cheapest. Im looking a getting a Insignia 160 CDTI Nav for 600 advance fee. The leon above is free advance in manual, 300 in auto (which i need). Ford offer nack all and are expensive. Qashqai 1.6 petrol auto is 2000 advance fee etc etc. Just search what ever manufacter + motability prices if you want to see more

As an extra point its pissed me off him calling it his car! its your mums (your allowed to nominate 2 extra drivers for free) Pisses me off seeing some people dragging there dear olds into dealerships to get brand new cars (happened when i was looking in the citroen garage and these, lets say bottom feeders were basically forcing this old guy to get a DS3! he wouldnt even be able to get in it) and then the dear olds never seeing the car again and then get a free car for 3 years paid by the tax payers. Its supposed to be when your mum cant manage driving down the shop you can pop her down etc, not for your jollies. No wonder this country is going down the plug hole with people wanting something for nothing.

Oh an FR+ derv DSG is 2400, Manual 1300 (I get bummed for needing an auto). Exeo SE manual around 1500

Last edited:

mac4684

Nice car, really good pics! Getting my SE Copa on Thursday... Nearly went for black myself but changed my mind at the last min. Looking forward to hearing your review on it as it would be nice to know what to expect even though I've had an Ibiza and test driven the Leon.

richibiza

Jul 1, 2005
Meh, it must be an RNS 315 thing. I have MY10, so it's RNS 310, and all the phone button does is mute it!

I think it must be mate, I have to admit even though I have an computing degree it did take me all day to figure all of the functions of the 2.2 out lol but now I'm a whizz... come to think of it me best mate is and he has only been in it today lol

Oh well, enjoy :D

looks very nice, reminds me of mine ;)

thanks mate its sooo nice fell in love with it

Nice photos of your mums car mate...I think you missed the back seats though...;)

haha damm I knew there was something I missed hehe [B)][B)][B)]

Nice to get car nearly for free...

in a way yes but mum does loose some money and I do as I pay her the money she looses so in away I'm actully paying for it and not sounding horrible with been a tax payer in away I'm paying for it twice lol

Forgot to ask, as I've never known. What's the deal with these motability cars?

thanks dukebox9 for the very good replay with my dyslexia I would of given up and yeah i paid an advanced deposit of £199 but its sods law as the deposit is now nill for the se copa 1.6 tdi (my car or mums car)

If on higher rate DLA mobility you 50ish a week you can swap the money for a car on a lease basis basically and the tax/insurance/tyres/servicing etc is all paid for you just add fuel. Theres a limited selection of motors from each company and depending on which model sometimes you have to pay an advance fee(to make up the cash if a more expensive car) Vauxhall at the moment are by far the cheapest. Im looking a getting a Insignia 160 CDTI Nav for 600 advance fee. The leon above is free advance in manual, 300 in auto (which i need). Ford offer nack all and are expensive. Qashqai 1.6 petrol auto is 2000 advance fee etc etc. Just search what ever manufacter + motability prices if you want to see more

As an extra point its pissed me off him calling it his car! its your mums (your allowed to nominate 2 extra drivers for free) Pisses me off seeing some people dragging there dear olds into dealerships to get brand new cars (happened when i was looking in the citroen garage and these, lets say bottom feeders were basically forcing this old guy to get a DS3! he wouldnt even be able to get in it) and then the dear olds never seeing the car again and then get a free car for 3 years paid by the tax payers. Its supposed to be when your mum cant manage driving down the shop you can pop her down etc, not for your jollies. No wonder this country is going down the plug hole with people wanting something for nothing.

Oh an FR+ derv DSG is 2400, Manual 1300 (I get bummed for needing an auto). Exeo SE manual around 1500

thanks for the replay :) I all most went for the DSG but love the manual and love driving the car :)
Nice car, really good pics! Getting my SE Copa on Thursday... Nearly went for black myself but changed my mind at the last min. Looking forward to hearing your review on it as it would be nice to know what to expect even though I've had an Ibiza and test driven the Leon.

yeah no probs mac tomorrow I'm in Anglesey and Llandudno for the day. We have to go to Anglesey as there is a chocloate factory (Foel Farm which makes home made chocs..... bloody expensive but very veryyyyyyyyy niceee. will post pics of the chocs to make everyone want some hehe. Maybe we could get a forum discount if everyone went hehe)

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton

So true that is. My bro used to work for Mazda and he used to get people coming in for MX5s on motility, clearly not for for the old en and for there kid to go to uni or collage in.

richibiza

Jul 1, 2005
So true that is. My bro used to work for Mazda and he used to get people coming in for MX5s on motility, clearly not for for the old en and for there kid to go to uni or collage in.

i agree sooo much...... i was speaking to a lad up fez (local meet up place for boy racers few years ago only same age as me then I think 20 and he wanted an vectra VXR I though yeah right mate like motability would let you have one of them for your nan lol

volts

Sep 1, 2011
Nice Car I see you ticked the Bi-Xeon option yes ??

Another Motability customer here and agree with those who say the system has and still is open to abuse. Hence why has been a big change in how it works (not going into that here). The use of the car by richibiza seems absolutely and completely right and thus deserves it

Enjoy the car :)

Last edited:

richibiza

Jul 1, 2005
Nice Car I see you ticked the Bi-Xeon option yes ??

Another Motability customer here and agree with those who say the system has and still is open to abuse. Hence why has been a big change in how it works (not going into that here). The use of the car by richibiza seems absolutely and completely right and thus deserves it

Enjoy the car :)

hey volts. I have to admit I didn't so I dot't know if they fitted them by mistake...... but not going to complain as they are very cool.

Thanks for the comments yeah I have to agree sooo glad that I chose the Leon its the best car for my mums needs! :):):)

richibiza

Jul 1, 2005
LOL @ "for my mums needs"

It's obvious that you're fronting the mobility system but hey, why not.

whole point of the car for my mum. Seeing as I'm the only child and live at home it is going to be for my mums needs. But in a way I get to drive a sexy Leon which in essence I actully pay twice for been a tax payer

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
whole point of the car for my mum. Seeing as I'm the only child and live at home it is going to be for my mums needs. But in a way I get to drive a sexy Leon which in essence I actully pay twice for been a tax payer

Dont start saying you pay for it twice cos that's rubbish

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members