Finally picked up my Leon SC

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
So today was the day when I said goodbye to my old Leon mk2 2.0 TDI Sport 140bhp, after over 7 years of 100% reliable service. Have to say I felt a little sad leaving it in the carpark, all of my other cars I'd only ever owned for 2 or 3 years.

9C2vx62.jpg

First a couple of crappy iPhone pictures...

4COlJiZ.jpg

cNBJSK7.jpg

dcURcoL.jpg

A few observations...

The red looks really good, I had a few worries that it might look a bit orange but its a nice bright rich red. The 18" titanium wheels, wing mirrors, and black sunroof go with it really well to, certainly stood out in Tesco car park!

It's a much quieter ride than the old Leon however I'd certainly say the ride is a lot harder. I also heard a bit of wind noise around the b pillar when travelling about 60mph, hard to tell though as it's been pretty windy today anyway. Car is very eager, I had to pay attention to my speed as it was very happy to run away, a few times I'd be casually cruising along (...private roads...) only to see the speedo creeping towards 90 with little over 2k rpm!

Interior is fantastic, so much better than the mk2, everything feels well put together and solid, nice materials. LED interior is nice, replaces the roof lining, vanity mirror, and foot well lighting. The glove box and boot remain with standard bulbs though. By the time I got home it was dusk and I still couldn't really see the lights in the doors, nor the footwell. I had a look in the options and they seem to be set to minimum so I turned them up, hopefully the setting will be remembered...

Car came with two cables the 30pin iPod connector (blue version) and a standard USB cable. No sign of album art from the iPod classic making it to the display, so may replace with an old iPod touch instead. I didn't have chance to play too much but browsing the iPod is a bit awkward especially if you're driving, it seems you can only use the touch controls or the dial below the screen, nothing on the steering wheel seemed to offer control. Seat Sound Pack sounds amazing compared to my old Leon sounds are really clear, haven't tried anything that would push the sub woofer in the boot yet but I've heard it a little and it sounds pretty good.

Was very impressed with the Sat Nav, much more feature packed than I was expecting offering road names both audibly and on the MFD, the MFD also shows a little run up to roundabout and turnings so you know how much further you have to go. Motorway get-in-lane instructions are also shown. Only thing I didn't immediately spot was a way to navigate to addresses from contacts stored on a paired phone?

The alcantara seats are very nice and hold you well, though not sure I've got the drivers seat set quite right yet. Had an attempt to get in the back... it's not easy even with the drivers seat pushed all the way forward you end up kind of falling in and out, I very rarely carry rear seat passengers so hopefully won't be an issue, I did notice some dirty marks on both interior b pillars, the parts are only plastic so should clean off.

Boot seems about the same as the old Leon however beyond the net on the left there's no velcro clips to attach anything, so the couple of things I keep in the boot are likely to drift about.

Over all fantastic car, really pleased with it, next challenge is reversing it in to the garage!

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
very nice indeed glad i am getting mine in red :D only 3 more weeks till i get mine and glad to hear that the seat sound system is good as i have that on my car :D

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Titanium pack should be mandatory on the red ones :) , reminds me a bit of the first FR Leons and Ibizas which came out in 2005 ish [B)]

Shelvock

I've had the same wind noise from the b pillar in mine, from the seal around the window. Gonna get the dealers to have a look next week as it's very annoying on the motorway!

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Looks wicked mate! I too have the drivers b pillar wind noise. Passengers say they hear nothing on the other side.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
You could check out the windscreen side trim. Mine was loose and had to be pushed back into place with a good stout push. Compare NS and OS to see.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Awesome looking car mate! Nice review too, great to read that you like the LED interior lights and SEAT Sound as that is what I have spec'd too. What colour does the interior LEDs give out (white or blueish colour), any chance of a pic please? :)

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Looks great! The red and the titanium pack go really well together.

Seems I've been quite lucky so far as I don't have any of the annoying rattles or wind noise - hope you get it sorted!

Shelvock

Took the car into the dealers today about the wind noise, went for a drive with the technician and they're ordering a new seal to be fitted on the 12th. Fingers crossed that sorts it.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Would be interested to know if that fixes it, have to say I've not heard it since the Saturday but I have had the stereo on loud enough to probably drown out the noise!

millabong1

Oct 29, 2013
hi. great car. could you post a pic of the sunroof taken from inside of the car. ie buttons etc