FinerDetails seeing Red.....

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Chris booked in following a demo I did, here's the TDi FR on arrival:

ee5bb652.jpg

ee5bb4ea.jpg

ee5bb3d2.jpg

Chris likes to drive his car, and it had covered 800 miles the week just gone.

After washing using the two bucket method I clayed the car using the foam gun for lub.
Next up was the 4 inch light cutting pad and Megs speed glaze. Working a panel section at a time I removed the swirling while Chris followed round and wiped off the haze for me.
Once de-swirled Chris applied a Megs Pro hand Polish using a finishing pad while I wiped the excess away.
Following a break for lunch, yes Chris got fed too!, I applied a layer of Wolfgang Hi Gloss sealant to the car using a LC finishing pad.
This was left to cure and bond for 30 mins. Whilst this cured Chris applied Simoniz Glass polish to the windows while I applied Megs Pro Polymer Sealant to his alloys, and megs NXT Metal Paste to the Chrome tails. I then removed the alloy selant and chrome haze.
next was the selant removal demo! This gets me everytime. Every single detail shows just how easy this ealant is to use. Even after 30 mins bonding time, the selant wipes off in one pass! Chris was gobsmacked.
Once all the sealant had been wiped clear we applied a layer of Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax. Well on a red car what else could we use!!!???

And here's what 5 and half hours achieved:
ee5bae43.jpg

ee5bb189.jpg

ee5bafce.jpg

ee5bac46.jpg

ee5bab8b.jpg

and a couple of 'show' shots....
ee5bad93.jpg

ee5bb09e.jpg

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Got to get me some of that Wolfgang sealant - in the morning light I could see the areas where Klasse SG was still on the car and it was a whole load of no fun at all to get it off again after 16 hours' curing time :censored:

Does applying sealant to the alloys make a big difference to the ease of washing next time around?

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
yes, think about the seal the selant will rpovide between the alloy and the brake dust..... a whole load of difference!

Wolfgang Sealant is my fav product by application, removal, result, performance and cost across all four criteria. Nothing touches it as a sealant goes in my opinion.