First snow, Christmas tree like dashboard

verde

Nov 6, 2021
Hi everyone

As Arwen finally hit the South East with the first snow, my car suddenly decided is the festive season and sparked the dashboard like a Christmas tree, full of errors.

I was driving down A34 earlier today in relatively moderate snowfall where suddenly I had two errors popping up:
  • Front assist is unavailable. Sensor impaired - once I arrived at destination (10-15 minutes after), I did check the front grill radar and indeed it was covered in snow. I removed it and restarted the car but to no avail. After about 1h or so I got back in the car (was parked in underground car park, fully dried up) and I got the same errors back almost instantly.
  • Proactive occupant protection system is restricted - no idea what/how this is related to the front radar...

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to flick through the manual now... Hope it doesn't mean a trip to the dealership as Wednesday I'm supposed to go for a trip all the way up in Scotland.

Cheers!

Attachments

• PXL_20211128_192423372.jpg
    PXL_20211128_192423372.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 262
  • PXL_20211128_192107152.jpg
    PXL_20211128_192107152.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 236
  • PXL_20211128_192336501.jpg
    PXL_20211128_192336501.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 235

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hi everyone

As Arwen finally hit the South East with the first snow, my car suddenly decided is the festive season and sparked the dashboard like a Christmas tree, full of errors.

I was driving down A34 earlier today in relatively moderate snowfall where suddenly I had two errors popping up:
  • Front assist is unavailable. Sensor impaired - once I arrived at destination (10-15 minutes after), I did check the front grill radar and indeed it was covered in snow. I removed it and restarted the car but to no avail. After about 1h or so I got back in the car (was parked in underground car park, fully dried up) and I got the same errors back almost instantly.
  • Proactive occupant protection system is restricted - no idea what/how this is related to the front radar...

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to flick through the manual now... Hope it doesn't mean a trip to the dealership as Wednesday I'm supposed to go for a trip all the way up in Scotland.

Cheers!
Front assist should reset if you do the long reset on the infotainment ie hold on/off button until the Cupra logo shows.
the other may be linked to the other sensors on the car as it is airbags. Try the above but if it still occurs then dealer visit mate.

verde

Nov 6, 2021
Darn! Thanks mate. I'll do the hard reset on the infotainment, hopefully that'll fix it.

Presumably that will clear all my settings and paired devices too, right?

Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Darn! Thanks mate. I'll do the hard reset on the infotainment, hopefully that'll fix it.

Presumably that will clear all my settings and paired devices too, right?

Cheers!

It shouldn't it's just a restart of the computer

Pretty much the same as pulling out a plug and plug it back in

verde

Nov 6, 2021
Ah, good! I'll try that after work! Cheers

Tell

Staff member
It shouldn't it's just a restart of the computer

Pretty much the same as pulling out a plug and plug it back in
Reboot 😉. The long on/off hold till you see the logo without letting go.

Cold boot would be pulling fuse out.

Saying that interesting if that fixes the front assist getting stuck to not working. Prior to the 2020- revision they just dried out and continued working. Snow obviously in front of the sensor blocks the radar. Wipe down on the sensors. Sometimes the dampness gets in front of areas you can't see which takes longer to clear.

Does it really need a kick up the pants to do it ?. Could be recalibration of what it's seeing if that fixes it or just the system stuck which a reboot clears.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members