Fitted my Liquid Gauge today

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The edge needed sanding down to fit my vent but other than that easy, just plugs into the OBD port under the ashtray then you input the password this line of the instructions made me laugh

If an incorrect password is entered then you will be allowed 3 subsequent tries, if you
are unsuccessful then you have probably stolen the unit and will have no chance to
make it work.

FRdan

Thats one smart piece of kit,looks the dogs.as for fitting it to a fr tdi would it give me the same features eg.bhp and boost?

FRdan

Its seems like it will be suitable for a tdi engine just requires a bit more initial set-up.

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Looks very smart. Tempted to get this but rather expensive.

Comparatively though a single function electronic gauge can cost as much as this. I do like the idea of it :-D

Having looked around some people have fitted them into ashtrays, one guy fitted his into his instrument cluster, you could fit it into a separate box and fit like a sat nav (they will also build one for you 'LiquidCube' if you wanted)

Would like to have a play with one bit too much of a toy on a standard car though ;)

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
they are really good piece of kit . useful as well, just spend have the messing with it. i liked the EGT sensor in it and seeing what peak i could get it :D

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
they are really good piece of kit . useful as well, just spend have the messing with it. i liked the EGT sensor in it and seeing what peak i could get it :D

Hey!

Don't you sell these at awesome? Do you fit them too?

Regarding fitting, do you hardwire to the odb port or are you required to plug it in?

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Yea we fit these at awesome. we normally plug them in for people and hide the wiring. but we can hard wire them in but at extra cost cause of the work involved with soldering wires it there.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
Absolutely the best gauge i have ever used, so so many functions.
Might cost a bit of money, but money very well spent.

Joystick is a bit small, but you do get used to it.
Digital speedo is a nice touch, tells you the peak of everything, 14.7 psi i boosted too, might be a touch high for a standard LC?
BHP read 183 which is so close :)
I can read my oil temp too.
Also the AFR
So so much more, but just buy one :)

Could have stayed out all night playing with it, but the Mrs would have killed me.

must get mine upgraded... seems like a few more bits have been added

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.